Earrings

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by undies, Jul 15, 2012.

1. undies

undies Active Member

I just came back from a year off on disability and my center has a new manager. She has been getting on my case about my earrings. I have had past managers tell me to take them out and I've always managed to argue my way into keeping them by referring to the appearance guidelines that state both men and women are allowed to have a piercing in each earlobe no larger than 1/2 an inch. She seems intent on ignoring this fact and keeps telling me I have to take them out and she is going to "look into it". Does anyone have any experience in this subject or advice? Thanks.

2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Would it really be that big of a deal to take them out while on the clock?

3. undies

undies Active Member

They are 1/2 inch plugs. I'll have nasty looking holes in my ears all day :-/

4. superballs63

superballs63 Well-Known Troll Troll

Maybe you should have thought about that before getting plugs.

But, if you are determined to keep them, ask your union rep to clarify the appearance guidelines to you

5. hurricanegunner

hurricanegunner UPSPoop

We had a driver who had one earring in his left ear. Every morning he would put a bandaid on it when he reached work. When he punched out, he took off the bandaid. He did that for the five years I knew him and nobody said a word to him.

6. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

Man up and lose the earrings.

7. bbsam

bbsam Moderator Staff Member

Spoken like a 62 year old grandpa.

8. over9five

Men don't put 1/2 inch holes in their ears, son.
    Time for him to grow up. He has a mans job, time to be a MAN.

9. texan

texan Well-Known Member

I agree, guess another grandpa...

10. UpstateNYUPSer

...add me to the list of Grumpy Old Men...

My son never expressed an interest in earrings but if he had I would have told him to go in to his sister's closet and pick out a nice dress to go along with them.

11. over9five

Ditto my son. He never wore the baggy pants hanging below his ass either. I guess we brung em up right!

12. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

I find it strange that many of you were all for gay marriage, all liberal and fine with it........but not your kid!!!
    That's a bit hypocritical to say the least.

13. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

More like spoken like a real man. Who wants 1/2 plugs in their ears I mean really grow up and quit trying to get
    attention from everyone.

14. UpstateNYUPSer

Speaking of the kids---it has been a year since my daughter's wedding. I sent them a check for $100 so they could go out and have a nice dinner.

15. oldupsman

oldupsman Well-Known Member

This 60 year old fart agrees with Over. I just never got the men earring thing. What are they supposed to do, make you more attractive?
    What is the sense of having a half inch hole in your ear? Make you look good?

16. bbsam

Who cares what they wear? A real man would be able to see past an earing and see the man. But what would you know about that?

17. superballs63

superballs63 Well-Known Troll Troll

I'm 30, and without children and have ALWAYS thought that plug earrings are about the stupidest things I've ever seen. I wore baggy pants, and acted "hard" when I was a few years younger until I came to the realization that employers AND potential spouses think you look like a moron when you're trying to "find yourself"

18. bbsam

That YOU don't get it makes it wrong? LOL. Grow up.

19. bbsam

Idea! Why don't you go to a Patriots spring training and suggest that to the fellas? We'll see who goes home in the dress.

20. UpstateNYUPSer

The stupidest thing my son ever did fashion wise was when he was on the football team and they all decided to shave their heads.