economists say

Over70irregs

So let me get this straight, a good portion of the people on this website say we did not get enough of raise, keep up with inflation that supposedly we caused even though we had not got a raise yet, and then there’s you who says that’s getting a decent raise causes inflation? You might want to go look at the government policy and the Fed if you’re worried about inflation, not blue-collar people just trying to earn enough to pay their bills and Feed there Family.
We are trying to hang in a toilet bowl situation. It’s obvious the other unions across the nation took notice. They’re trying to get what they can now. At least they’re trying to make a stand.

Thebrownblob

We are trying to hang in a toilet bowl situation. It’s obvious the other unions across the nation took notice. They’re trying to get what they can now. At least they’re trying to make a stand.
I agree but to some on here we were “sold out”. And to others “we” caused inflation lol. Unions are everyone’s whipping Post.

Karma...

financial progress is based on 3% annual inflation.. any more than that is runaway inflation. smart contract negotiators get colas of annual % of 3.5 %......otherwise you will never catch up and dig your people into a hole moving backwards.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
financial progress is based on 3% annual inflation.. any more than that is runaway inflation. smart contract negotiators get colas of annual % of 3.5 %......otherwise you will never catch up and dig your people into a hole moving backwards.
Blow away

Over70irregs

Everything is inflation when you have too much unproductive instruments of finance chasing productive instruments that are not financed. One of the best examples of the cracks coming through is easily used home prices exceeding new home prices. In no place does that make sense unless the existing homeowners have a better financial position than the builders of said homes.
Just lower rates……lol. We’re in trouble.

Trucker Clock

Yeah, the existing homeowners have 3% mortgages, they’re 7.5 now. It’s a seller’s market due to low inventory. Rates aren’t going down for a long, long time. I saw it happen in the mid eighties, rates were as high as 13%. It was the late nineties before it got into the 5s again.

Bought my first house in 1988. I got the mortgage locked in at 10.5% the day before it jumped to 11%