Enchanted Fedex

vantexan

Oddly enough, Frito Lay has an entire fleet or total electric trucks in my area. They are kind of Prius creepy when they are next to you at a red light, no noise, and then there are all of our dandy, highly maintained, high mileage, heavily vibrating so that you can't see out of the mirrors, trucks. Just sayin...

One 140 lb box would equal a very large portion of what the Frito Lay truck is carrying. :). The really deceptive thing about that FedEx commercial is showing that truck driving through the enchanted forest but not showing the charging station at the edge of the forest. They should be developing truly Prius like hybrid trucks that would allow me to drive 300+ miles on my rt.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I did try to Google it and he is right about the Air Force being the #1 user of jet fuel. I could have told you that without Googling it. I couldn't find anything to confirm FedEx is #2.

vantexan

I did try to Google it and he is right about the Air Force being the #1 user of jet fuel. I could have told you that without Googling it. I couldn't find anything to confirm FedEx is #2.

I did find that FedEx has by far the world's largest cargo jet fleet and that it is number 4 in total jet fleet. Several regular airlines are ahead of it in total jets owned. Whether they use more fuel or not I don't know.

LTFedExer

You also said we should all be able to live on 35 hrs per week. Where's the proof?
Correct, you SHOULD. I do it.....as do thousands of other Express employees.
Thank you sir. I actually Googled it myself too....found nothing as expected.

Last edited:

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

I would be tickled s&*^less if I could afford to live on 35 hours a week, but these kids think they have to eat all day every day....and they don't like dog food for some reason.

XFILED

Remember the Route 66 Electric Vehicle Dog and Pony Show? What FedEx didn't tell you is that they had several support vehicles along (semis) to carry this rolling turd over the nountains and across deserts because it couldn't make it on it's own. They also tried to pass if off as FedEx R&D when it was really just a commercially-available electric vehicle that anyone could buy. That didn't stop them from hyping-it as if they'd had a team of green researchers slaving over it.

Anyone ever seen one in service? I'm guessing NO.

My buddy says that at his station they have like 6 of them that have been sitting outside collecting dust since last October...Supposedly waiting for the charging stations to be built in the station before they can see action...

zapmail

They should add the scene where the electric truck drives through the station splashing up all the oil and trans fluid on the floor.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
My buddy says that at his station they have like 6 of them that have been sitting outside collecting dust since last October...Supposedly waiting for the charging stations to be built in the station before they can see action...

Are those trucks parked near the mechanics bays?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

They have already served their purpose, which was to make the public think we are Green. When needed again, they'll be washed, polished, and sent off to the destination where promotion is needed. Then, back into storage. Fake, all the way.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
They have already served their purpose, which was to make the public think we are Green. When needed again, they'll be washed, polished, and [-]sent off to the destination[/-] towed to where promotion is needed. Then, back into storage. Fake, all the way.

XFILED

Are those trucks parked near the mechanics bays?

No they are outside to my understanding collecting dust...
They supposedly can be driven only 30 miles a day total(I will double check that with my source) so they are giving them to the routes close to the station once and if they ever make it to service...but I wouldn't doubt that they sit back there another year..