Estar Day1!

fatboy33

Well the 12 day experiments ends tomorrow ( I hope) until the end of peak, which I'm going to pass on this year. It has been a total cluster. My understanding is we are 1 of 2 stations in the district that tried E*

We had what I thought was a very robust operation and everyone worked together. Now almost everyone is looking for work else where. Staffing is a major issue. I know of one or two who stepped down to pt/handler just to avoid E* If this goes nationwide post peak WATCH out for massive exodus....
I've heard that's as side benefit to implementing E.star, people close to retirement getting that extra push in the back to leave. But like a Chinese fishing net, they're also gonna catch dolphin. Dolphin being the younger workers at the bottom steps turning in their uniforms, wanting no part of being a floater.

HedleyLamarr

Update: E-Star was a total joke and has been shut off until further notice! As everyone has said, too many extra routes and not enough couriers to deliver. My station was looking like it does during peak with piles of boxes everywhere.

Is there any truth to the rumor that the lead developer behind E-Star was fired recently?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Update: E-Star was a total joke and has been shut off until further notice! As everyone has said, too many extra routes and not enough couriers to deliver. My station was looking like it does during peak with piles of boxes everywhere.

Is there any truth to the rumor that the lead developer behind E-Star was fired recently?
I doubt that. He’ll probably be getting a bonus when bonus time rolls around.

fatboy33

Unless the company is putting itself in a position to come combine with Amazon, why not just go back to SRA? Profit would surely be higher than what DRA and ESTAR are producing. The question is, does the company have the type of courier to run SRA? lost of guys couldn't get to their first stop without their ELO map or phone. It use to never be like that but about the time the Basic skills and Job knowledge test when away, seems we got lesser...

thedownhillEXPRESS

Unless the company is putting itself in a position to come combine with Amazon, why not just go back to SRA? Profit would surely be higher than what DRA and ESTAR are producing. The question is, does the company have the type of courier to run SRA? lost of guys couldn't get to their first stop without their ELO map or phone. It use to never be like that but about the time the Basic skills and Job knowledge test when away, seems we got lesser...
That’s the bind they are in. Years ago when they had to chose a path they choose the option of not making it an attractive career but rather something technology can make constant turnover fix.
Well the technology isn’t there and neither are the employees to do it without.
You get what you pay for and this is the predicament with E⭐

pkgdriver

Anyone know how estar compares to UPS's Orion?
Do all their routes lose their boundaries too like estar?
Not really in my experience. You still have to go ”farther” on a low volume/stop day.
Its just garbage solution for your usual route.
I deliver in the safest way that is in the best interest of the company,customers and myself.
Which usually equals less miles and paid day than ORION.

shartpost

The recent stock drop has something to do with EStar getting rolled out to more regions. This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone with brain matter.

Serf

Well, that was fun. Effective immediately E star suspended in my station. Going back to SRA. I guess enough customer complaints, enough lates, enough quittings and retirings . And a massive dump in stock price. I just hope they don’t try to bring it back in the spring.

Guitarman01

I heard estar runs more miles as a whole. if that's the case I would imagine it runs more on road time as a whole as well. That can't be good