Everyone getting Helpers Wednesday

textat3

What’s up with this….after weeks of light dispatches we are being told that routes will be cut and combined and drivers will get drivers fpr helpers Starting Wednesday.

DOK

What’s up with this….after weeks of light dispatches we are being told that routes will be cut and combined and drivers will get drivers fpr helpers Starting Wednesday.
The definition of peak has changed I thought, closer to thanksgiving?

DOK

It's the same thing every year, yet seems to come as a surprise to driver anyways.
I thought the definition of peak (the period they can use helpers) was changed in this contract to a 5 week period?
And in our center (45 drivers) they said they’re hiring a dozen helpers and 10 Pvd, relatively low number from previous years, because volume is going to be light.

542thruNthru

I thought the definition of peak (the period they can use helpers) was changed in this contract to a 5 week period?
And in our center (45 drivers) they said they’re hiring a dozen helpers and 10 Pvd, relatively low number from previous years, because volume is going to be light.
Helpers was not charged. I believe you're thinking of SSDs (PVDs)

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
That should work out well as helpers sit all say as you drive. Definitely not heavy enough for helpers on most routes.

No drivers should NOT go home. Demand your 8!

Same thing every year, sups not understanding how a helper route with a spread out area due to cuts doesn't work. Fails every time. "But you had a helper"?...

Last edited:
That should work out well as helpers sit all say as you drive. Definitely not heavy enough for helpers on most routes.

No drivers should NOT go home. Demand your 8!

Same thing every year, sups not understanding how a helper route with a spread out area due to cuts doesn't work. Fails every time. "But you had a helper"?...
Tell em @Wally

GenericUsername

That's fine but if they want to give you one they can. These people try and make a federal case out of it like claiming covid gives them a free pass.
Actually, they can't force me to have someone on car with me. They can take me off my route and put me on a bulk car or something, but then they have to pay me 2 hours penalty daily. They've tried it in the past and I've won. So they just leave me alone now.