Excessive overtime fix (pipedream)

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by some1else, Feb 15, 2013.

1. some1else

some1else Active Member

So as i was out delivering flowers, teddybears, and sherryberries last night i had an epiphany!! If any residential package not attempted by 730pm was to be considered missed (like business after 5) maybe i wouldnt be out so late anymore.

Lets be honest the last box of flowers i dropped off at 907pm wasnt really delivered to that lady on valentines day! Middle of the night more like it.

My second proposal is a second paid 10 minute break after 10 hours. If your on road 12 hours i need a lunch break and a dinner break for cryin out loud

First 10 minute at 1030
    lunch 1:00
    by 930 i really need a snack ;)

2. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

I was delivering flowers to businesses until 4:50pm because they couldn't give me business help. Half of the businesses I delivered to the people had already gone home for the day. Talk about a bumper for the wives when they get home and got nothing that entire day. People are going to be :censored2: but UPS could careless.

3. cachsux

cachsux Wah

:censored2: wives? What about the guy who dropped the coin for the flowers and now won't reap the benefits?

4. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

The people receiving the package or ordering the package are not the customer. The shipper is. I heard it on the BC.

5. stink219

stink219 Well-Known Member

In our local supplement we get an additional 2 10 min breaks. But they are automatically paid called "Time Bonus". 3 of those a week is 2500 extra a year. Cha Ching!!!!!!

6. Notretiredyet

Notretiredyet Active Member

Wendy's fries taste better on OT.

7. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

This is all crazy talk. I had all my businesses off at 1pm and was off the clock at 5:45pm.

8. stink219

Sorry to hear that.

9. your fast!!!!..lol

10. Bad Gas!

Bad Gas! Active Member

In our supplement you get NO payed 10 min breaks..And you have to take an hour lunch..You can spread it out to 4 break periods..The paid break isn't an option down south....Hence..Southerners get a raw deal on Pension, time breaks and a few more items..Enjoy your break while we work!

11. We have to take an hour lunch...but we do get a paid 15 minute break!

12. stink219

We get 2 10's paid, need to take an hour lunch between 4th and 5th hour, if we go over 10 hours we get paid for 2 additional 10 min breaks. I guess we got it pretty good.

13. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

When did you start?

14. stink219

And how long have you been a driver? I never heard of a route that finishes at 5:45pm. If it were me, I'd have to start around 6am. Lmao!!! Cement, your right, your post is all crazy talk.

15. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

We start at 9:30am (9 on Mondays) and my last scheduled pickup is a 6pm dropbox. I am usually punched out and gone by 1820 and, yes, I take my full lunch and break.

16. serenity now

serenity now Guest

late air yesterday * had to run the route twice * 195 miles

17. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

I start at 8:30, at my first stop around 9:00. Off the clock at 5:45. My route is also a half hour approved lunch with a 10 minute paid break. So really I would punch out at 6:15 if I had to take a whole hour lunch (if that make you feel any better). This mostly happens if I can either pick up my 5:30 pickup early or they send me a text and let me know they have nothing.

18. Shifting Contents

Shifting Contents Most Help Needed

hahaha nevermind