Facebook

Jim Kemp

Do any of y'all friend your customers on Facebook? I have a bunch of mine friending me. Do you see anything wrong with it?

barnyard

KTM rider
I have a bunch also. Several came to my daughter's graduation party and I volunteer for their big civic event. I have also gone to and been invited to several parties (after hours and my wife came along.)

badpal.

avoiding brown kool-aid
Nothing wrong with it in my opinion. I am friends with some of the customers on my route outside of work so its not a biggie. The question is "do you feel comfortable with that person knowing or seeing what you choose to put on Facebook?"

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I'll say it once; very little, if anything good will come of it.
I would hope (but I'm not sure, by reading many of MY posts on this site) that "we" would have enough friends outside the "internet"?
One of the few upsides of this job is the ability to leave it...?

Last edited:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
While UPS does not monitor Brown Cafe, they do heavily monitor Facebook and Twitter.
I never say anything about UPS on Facebook or Twitter for that reason.
I do not list UPS as my workplace on either.

My advice - don't poke the bear.

All these big talkers on Brown Cafe about "you can say whatever you want" might find out just how true that actually is.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
While UPS does not monitor Brown Cafe, they do heavily monitor Facebook and Twitter.
I never say anything about UPS on Facebook or Twitter for that reason.
I do not list UPS as my workplace on either.

My advice - don't poke the bear.

All these big talkers on Brown Cafe about "you can say whatever you want" might find out just how true that actually is.

I actually believe this to be true, begging the question, WHY????

over9five

Staff member
They do monitor Brown Cafe. Perhaps not officially, but there are people out there watching what we say, printing it out, and emailing it around. Trust me, this I do know.

I'm not big on how IP stuff works, but they certainly know the IP of anyone who's registered on UPSers.com.

You have Facebook? Well now they have your picture too. If there's a way to connect the IP that they know with Facebook or BC, then they know you.

Just sayin..... You all think you're anonymous, but you're not. You start getting your post count up, people start to recognize you. That funny name and cute avatar won't hide you for long.

Watch what you say.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So posting something like this is probably not a good idea:

I don't think Trish from Watertown, NY who use to work Preload then went full time then went out on injury is anonymous. Since there isn't another Trish working there, I'm pretty sure I have 'outed' myself. As far as EAP, why use it when your own dr can discreetly refer you to a dr more than able to address your issues. Using the EAP Program is for personal issues, not work-related issues.But, don't believe me. Check that out for yourself, as with any and all ADVICE you may receive in your travels.

John19841

They do monitor Brown Cafe. Perhaps not officially, but there are people out there watching what we say, printing it out, and emailing it around. Trust me, this I do know.

I'm not big on how IP stuff works, but they certainly know the IP of anyone who's registered on UPSers.com.

You have Facebook? Well now they have your picture too. If there's a way to connect the IP that they know with Facebook or BC, then they know you.

Just sayin..... You all think you're anonymous, but you're not. You start getting your post count up, people start to recognize you. That funny name and cute avatar won't hide you for long.

Watch what you say.

No need to be so paranoid. If UPS decided to do something serious based upon something you said on here, or any site where you have not given away your ID, a good lawyer will have a field day with privacy laws. A big payday you would get.

over9five

Staff member
No need to be so paranoid. If UPS decided to do something serious based upon something you said on here, or any site where you have not given away your ID, a good lawyer will have a field day with privacy laws. A big payday you would get.

It's not paranoia, it's experience.
Feel free to do the lawyer thing, I'd just rather come to work every day.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Why? I don't give two &@&@'& what they think. The ones who would punish me for posting something they don't like have already punished me by INTENTIONALLY injuring me. I think saying that would rile their ire more than saying something about EAP. And, since I have deactivated my account again, I cant/won't post anything on Facebook. I don't twitter, either. I am not going to start either one, again, just to prove to Hoax that I really don't care what they think about what I say. Considering I have said more to their faces than most say behind their backs, I doubt they would be surprised about anything I have said here. And, I have been pretty fair about bashing union and management. I bash both equally. If I could post names to push a particular managers buttons, I would gladly. And, I would relish every moment of being questioned about it, too. I would get more joy out of that than anyone here could imagine.

So posting something like this is probably not a good idea:I don't think Trish from Watertown, NY who use to work Preload then went full time then went out on injury is anonymous. Since there isn't another Trish working there, I'm pretty sure I have 'outed' myself. As far as EAP, why use it when your own dr can discreetly refer you to a dr more than able to address your issues. Using the EAP Program is for personal issues, not work-related issues.But, don't believe me. Check that out for yourself, as with any and all ADVICE you may receive in your travels.
I knew you were a woman. You are so volatile one minute your happy the next your ready to gouge someone's eyes out with a negative rep. I hope you feel better Trish.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Thanks, 407. But, to be clear, I don't think I have ever negative rep'ed anyone(unless I was drunk and don't remember:wink2:). And I'm feisty, very feisty. And cute, very cute!

over9five

Staff member
I knew you were a woman. You are so volatile one minute your happy the next your ready to gouge someone's eyes out with a negative rep. I hope you feel better Trish.

Thanks, 407. But, to be clear, I don't think I have ever negative rep'ed anyone(unless I was drunk and don't remember:wink2:). And I'm feisty, very feisty. And cute, very cute!

I don't think either of you are paying attention........
lol

....or maybe it's me who's confused.

over9five

Staff member
Ah, I see. 407 responded to Upstate, but was talking about Menotyou. I thought he thought Upstate was a woman.

I am confused.