Facility tour and union questions.

boyo1991

I didn't even really have an interview. I didn't even finish my app! I came in, he asked me to finish it and he said "come in for training on Monday" haha

Sent using BrownCafe App

working up a sweat

Initiation fee in my local is 450 for PT. But it is worth it. We get full bennies for employee and family after 6 months service.

Work in an air hub. We get gaurenteed 3.5 hours credit for health and pension when we hit the clock. Only get paid for time worked though. When the sort is done, we get sent home.

I work the night sort and average 10-12 hours a week. Sunrise shift averages 6 to 8 hours per week. Sunrise preload gets gaurenteed 3.5 hours in pay though.

FilingBluesFL

One time, I yelled, "Don't Do it"! The dude from HR got pissed!

I do that all the time when they bring in the holiday hires LOL

To the OP:

Don't forget, as part of your Union contract, you're obligated to spend AT LEAST 20 hours searching for Hoffa's body by the time you retire.

It's in the contract language.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Serial killer is OK if it was a long time ago (or you say you were really sorry). Cereal killer you are out of luck though.
Sad part is we did have a convicted felon who did jail time for manslaughter followed by driving over state lines to dump the body...and...

wait for it...

He was a part time supervisor! Management hired him knowing what he did (he put it on his application). He later was arrested again after police received an "anonymous" tip from his ex. Police raided his apartment and he was subsequently arrested again for possession with intent to distribute and various weapons charges.

I wouldn't be surprised if management hires him again after he gets out. He has a pulse after all.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
We just voted to double initiation fees here; PT will be $100, FT $200
That's nothing. We pay $550 if I remember correctly, then if the employee attends a union meeting and gets sworn in he is refunded $100 (as incentive to get them to come to a meeting).

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
One time, I yelled, "Don't Do it"! The dude from HR got pissed!
LOL I do something similar. Every time I'm leaving and there is a herd of "fresh meat" I say run while you still can. Everyone laughs and the HR lady sighs. Last week while walking to my car I came across a new group of fresh meat and the HR lady sitting in a chair just looked up to me and says please don't. I felt bad so just smiled and kept walking.

They threaten to fire employees that say things like that to potential new guys.
I would love them to try that.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Initiation fee in my local is 450 for PT. But it is worth it. We get full bennies for employee and family after 6 months service.

Work in an air hub. We get gaurenteed 3.5 hours credit for health and pension when we hit the clock. Only get paid for time worked though. When the sort is done, we get sent home.

I work the night sort and average 10-12 hours a week. Sunrise shift averages 6 to 8 hours per week. Sunrise preload gets gaurenteed 3.5 hours in pay though.
What's the point of even coming to work? Six hours pay for coming to work five times a week? When I started as a part timer I was making $8.50 an hour. If I only worked six hours a week when I started I would have made $51 pre tax, pre initiation fees, etc. Now, after gas to get there five days a week I would have been losing money.

Why on earth don't you guys have a 3.5 guarantee?

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
LOL I do something similar. Every time I'm leaving and there is a herd of "fresh meat" I say run while you still can. Everyone laughs and the HR lady sighs. Last week while walking to my car I came across a new group of fresh meat and the HR lady sitting in a chair just looked up to me and says please don't. I felt bad so just smiled and kept walking.

I would love them to try that.

Hypocrite? Don't tell someone to not do something that you're doing, it makes you look bad. The guys that you're telling that most likely think that you're a hypocrite.