Failed driving test.

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Joshua Luciani, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Hitman23

Hitman23 New Member

I failed my driving test because my mirror clipped something on the way back into the building. The instructor was playing on his phone most of the drive. I was saying that it worried him I didn't see the thing my mirror hit. Now thinking about it him being in his phone was a huge distraction. And that's why he didn't see it either.
  2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Was the instructor driving?
  3. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Just a turd

Why would he being on the phone be a distraction to you
    Your eyes should be on the road scanning treeline to treeline. Not worrying about what someone in the other seat is doing
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  4. Number24

Number24 #24

Keep your eyes on the road next time and maybe you'll pass & Change your username.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  5. By The Book

By The Book Well-Known Member

Is that your real name?, don't use it here if it is.
  6. Whargoul

Whargoul Active Member

Did you break the mirror or did it just fold in? You should know what you hit. Ask if you can get another shot. I know around here they like to fail people the first time no matter what just so they aren't overconfident.
  7. MendozaJ

MendozaJ Active Member

What the hell is going to happen if you have a driver helper for 8 hours? Total silence?
  8. tacken

tacken Active Member

Come on Ups is all about the second chances! Keep your eyes on the road see the big picture. You did not..
  9. AlphaMikeBravo

AlphaMikeBravo New Member

Are you REALLY blaming a passenger for a car you should be in control of? Pardon me but....

10. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

Stop trying to blame the instructor. You had an accident, see you in a year.
  11. nystripe96

nystripe96 Active Member

Distractions are an everyday part of driving. If you don't like it then walk for a living
  12. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Don't feel too bad. Many of us have wacked a mirror or two. Darn poles keep jumping out!
  13. Hitman23

Hitman23 New Member

14. Hitman23

Hitman23 New Member

It folded in. It I would have passed if not for that. I have to wait 6th months.
    I was just posting what happened. I'm extremely disappointed. Thanks to some of you for the not kind responses.
  15. Hitman23

Hitman23 New Member

It's 6 months
  16. Hitman23

Hitman23 New Member

Thanks for the kind words. "Walk for a living" I'm sure you love your job.
  17. FrigidFTSup

FrigidFTSup Resident Suit

It's always someone else's fault, right?
  18. rod

rod retired and happy

I realize its the "in thing to do now days" to blame everyone else for your problems --but face it-------YOU F'ed up. Better luck next time.
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  19. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Just a turd

20. Hitman23

Hitman23 New Member

• [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]