Feb. 1st

DontThrowPackages

How the heck can they stay in business paying drivers 32.39? Well hopeful for the sake of the company, most drives will have to work 20 years before they reach that pay scale and anyone hired in the last 10 years will never see it. They need to learn from their competitors.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
How the heck can they stay in business paying drivers 32.39? Well hopeful for the sake of the company, most drives will have to work 20 years before they reach that pay scale and anyone hired in the last 10 years will never see it. They need to learn from their competitors.
$32.52 in my local. Three years to full scale for all new hires per contract. We do both express and ground all rolled into one, so we should make a little more than the competition!:wink2:

vantexan

$32.52 in my local. Three years to full scale for all new hires per contract. We do both express and ground all rolled into one, so we should make a little more than the competition!:wink2:

It's that three years to top pay that makes me envious. I remember topped out couriers grumbling about their pay more than ten years ago and at $18.17 after 14 years I don't make what they were making then. I've gone the extra mile many, many times for FedEx but I guess for me a pat on the head is supposed to be sufficient. Making someone work next to others who make enough to have a life while they struggle is just cruel. And I did have a bracelet on my ankle, it was called the traditional pension. Stayed for it and by the time they took it away the economy was tanking and so did my health. Can't leave because of the economy and to keep my DOT card I have to see a doctor regular and most of that comes out of my underpaid pocket because like everything else FedEx is putting more on us while taking more away. I've figured out that I can save more a month on my small pension living overseas than working fulltime for FedEx. And got to love FedEx management. Was told I'd be working a 5X8 schedule, not the 4X10 cover driver that they really wanted in an area where getting a full 40 is tough. Got 38.5-39 hrs a week the 5 weeks before the week after Thanksgiving. I moved up here to be near family and figured to get 41+ most weeks and if Ground keeps taking freight it'll be all I can do to get by on 35-37 hrs soon. So couldn't save much because I'm not topped out and can't save hardly anything now. If they offer a buyout I'll take it. These 4X10's will soon have to be restructured into 5X8's because we'll be getting the guarantee soon and we all know how FedEx feels about giving free money away. But if they bought me out they'd have 5 people in this area instead of 6 and could structure the rts as 5X8's getting close to 40. I hope they're able to see this as I'm the most senior who wants a buyout(and the only one willing to take it)out of the 6 in that area and I'd be more than willing to take it and go.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How the heck can they stay in business paying drivers 32.39? Well hopeful for the sake of the company, most drives will have to work 20 years before they reach that pay scale and anyone hired in the last 10 years will never see it. They need to learn from their competitors./QUOTE]

Don't think for a second they haven't been paying attention---this is why I think you will see a two-tiered wage system for new FT hires, if not by 2013, then certainly in 2018.

mike1646

I'm my building it takes about eight years to become full time and then 3 in progression, that's 11 years before you make it to top pay. And trust me UPS will take a lot from your life in those 11 years.

vantexan

I'm my building it takes about eight years to become full time and then 3 in progression, that's 11 years before you make it to top pay. And trust me UPS will take a lot from your life in those 11 years.

But how long to part-time driver? And don't those part-timers also top-out in 3 years? Not arguing, honestly don't know exactly how your system works.

vantexan

Four to six

So you make more as a part-time driver than fulltime Express couriers in much of the country? Sorry, I'm at $18.17hr after 14 years, and I've done some ridiculously hard routes that were restructured after I transferred. There is no reward for hard work over here, no company paid healthcare for the employee, let alone for spouse and children, no large pension, no great pay that allows us to buy a nice home and do some nice things like send our kids to school. I know you guys work hard, but you are compensated fairly for it.

DontThrowPackages

I was at the company back went RPS was RPS and my vehicle was always filled to the gills. It looked no different than a brown truck at the time. Just before 1030, will have used my dolly 8 times and dumped off at two loading docks. Yet for all those years on that rte I, nor anyone else, was never offered full scale in 3 years. Even today, we have at least 4 trucks that go out bulked. Sure back when couriers uniforms looked like airline pilots, I heard how a courier would top out in a few years. But that was before the company incorporated.

xfedx

Man-Up and UNIONIZE FedEx drivers and contractors. It is the only way you will ever get a fair deal. Wake the friend*&k up!

bbsam

Staff member
Man-Up and UNIONIZE FedEx drivers and contractors. It is the only way you will ever get a fair deal. Wake the friend*&k up!
With couriers who can't stand us contractors and continually talk trash about us and cry because we represent real value in the marketplace? No. I don't think so.

xfedx

FedEx Ground and Home Delivery need to UNIONIZE to change the unfair working conditions at this sorry ass corporation. Stop taking their crap and take control!

xfedx

"real value in the marketplace" wtf? Get real! They can't stand your a*& because contractors are puppets for Fred S and FedEx! You pay drivers such low wages they can't afford to raise a family! $12 -$15 an hour with NO benefits are paid holidays or sick days! You work them into the ground with inadequate breaks and heavier routes than any one person should have to do! No wonder they can't stand you! THINGS NEED TO CHANGE AND IT IS TIME TO UNIONIZE!

vantexan

With couriers who can't stand us contractors and continually talk trash about us and cry because we represent real value in the marketplace? No. I don't think so.

Your system is based on finding enough drivers who will work for lower pay and no benefits. As long as you can find them you're good to go. You literally have to hope the economy stays flat to keep things as they are.

xfedx

I was a contractor. I do know how this sh*& works and YES YOU CAN UNIONIZE. Stop making excuses for this greedy ass corporation, BAND TOGETHER AND DEMAND CHANGE! Don't you realize you have far more power than you think if you all stand together? Someone just needs to start the ball rolling. Stand for something or fall for anything should be your mantra if you are not willing to fight for change.