Feeder trailer overturns

rod

Retired 22 years
If you check out picture #4 it looks like an awful lot of rubber on the end of the median strip. I would bet he hasn't been the only one to hit it- just probably at the wrong speed. My sister-in-law rolled her car after hitting a median strip intown at 30 mph and over correcting. But then again that's my sister-in-law---she always has been an accident waiting to happen.:peaceful:

gandydancer

Check this out: Right beside the hub, you can see the tops of pkg cars at the bottom of the picture.

It's picture #5 that shows that the best. Looks like maybe he cut a right turn too short and the rear trailer tracked into the dirt and tipped over into the ditch, breaking the pole, part of which is hanging suspended by the wires. Could find a birdseye image of the facility on, say, Google maps, and check where the gate is...

automaticP1300

I'm out of this hub, FT pkg car. The gate for feeders is right around the next corner, off of Cottonwood St. Management won't say too much about it right now (of course). I hate it for the driver, to make it to the doorstep of your destination only to have this happen. Glad no one was hurt though.

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
Watched an episode of WRECKED last week on SPEED featuring O'Hare towing. A segment of the episode was devoted to uprighting an overturned UPS pup. I can't help but believe there was a good deal of cringing in Atlanta when that aired.
I watched that episode of Wrecked and I think the trailer was an empty that got dumped by high cross winds. I have seen empty pups overturned in a Conway freight yard by the wind that were not even hooked up to a tractor. Can we say"Act of God?"

tritese

tritese
did he jack it hard and forget to check his pin ??YARDS CAN BE DANGEROUS especially if your in a shifter jackng a box tight onto the primary where the ground is on a slope in most places!! I would allways keep the trailer low to the ground till I was straight,,then raise trailor to put on the door!! we hd a guy years ago in N.E area flip one turning around at primary trailer was raised all the way up and he jacked it doing a 360 it was ugly but he came out unharmed thank God !

i heard the driver was going too fast. he pullled out of a bay and wanted to go right but wasn't comfortable so he went left and then when he went to make the u turn he flipped the back trailer. he said he was only doing 15 mph but i think he had to be going faster.... and then he didn't lose his job because it was in the yard. i thought an accident that needed a wrecker to upright a trailer/vehicle was suppose to be a serious accident. little did i know....

chev

Nightcrawler
Trucker A - you see that wreck back there

Trucker b- Yea I did, Man they got some big bodies underneath those bedsheets.

Trucker A- Naaaa couple of ups trailers. :happy-very:

Thanks for the compliment.

I got a good chuckle out of this one.

xracer

Several years back in our center we had a driver have the second trailer flip over on him like that from high winds, there was a state trooper behind him at the time that it happened and he said that he would not have believed it if he had not seen it with his own eyes.

chev

Nightcrawler
Wow I didn't think they still did that anywhere:surprised:

Yeah your right Cachsux there's a lot things that can get you in trouble when you get it or them swinging. (get your mind outta the gutter) LOL:clubbing:
:surprised:
(don't say it...don't say it....don't say it)
Ok, I've restrained myself, but it was REALLY hard. :surprised:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I found this in Google pics..........No white paint, this was in Massachusetts somewheres...........the P500 is pink!
upstruck.jpg

chev

Nightcrawler
I found this in Google pics..........No white paint, this was in Massachusetts somewheres...........the P500 is pink!
I've seen them painted pink too. Stands out like a sore thumb. :happy-very:
Our mechanics have taken to burning the logos and any identifying marks off with a torch.