Female drivers

upser1978

Do female drivers at your center get preferential treatment? We have a full time driver in our center that only knows the one easiest route in our center. And she still complains.

KBlakk

Overworked & Underpaid
They won't even put her in a P-1000.

2 female drivers in my center take P12s out daily. The doubters are their motivation and they put on a delivery clinic, they will handle their business just like any capable male counterpart it's work ethic not gender.

balland chain

Really dude.. I wil put my skills up against you any day.. Bring it... I can drive a package car, or the tractor that I drive dally for UPS... Actually, men are worse drivers,, check out any Insurance company for their rates for men and then compare that to what women are charged... My offer stands...Let me know when you have the balls to try...

Johney

Really dude.. I wil put my skills up against you any day.. Bring it... I can drive a package car, or the tractor that I drive dally for UPS... Actually, men are worse drivers,, check out any Insurance company for their rates for men and then compare that to what women are charged... My offer stands...Let me know when you have the balls to try...
Touche!

balland chain

He must be a Fedex pilot,, My dear friend it a Pilot, and SHE too would enjoy a challenge,, By the way she flies an A330 to Europe out of charlotte.. Maybe you can get out of your crop duster and realize it is 2013.. we women, at least here in the great USA no longer have to walk behind our man...

STFXG

Lol or you can learn to recognize an obvious joke. Offending wasnt my intention. I apologize since it came across as douchy.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We use to have 3. It's kind of funny the one that got special treatment got fired. By special treatment all I mean is a highly residential route with lighter packages. Even with that she certainly didn't have a gravy route. She busted out a lot of resi everyday.

Honestly most of the weak women and men get weeded out before they start driving.

Sounds like the episode in King of queens when Doug and his cousin had a driving race, lol.

Limper

Out For Delivery
Only 1 female left in my center and she's tough as nails. The problem now is new female drivers don't make it because
of the high dispatches.

The Fenix FDX

Well women aren't treated differently where I am at Fedex...Theres is one woman who is 45, 5'4" and out runs every man at our station. We were all glad when she stopped being a cover driver and got her own route! Most of the whiners are lazy guys at my station. I mean really....grow a set.

S

serenity now

also touchy:wink2:

J

jibbs

I know of at least 4 female drivers in my center, and two of them have some of the heaviest, bulked and bricked out trucks I've ever seen. They're tiny women, too, and that's coming from a guy that's not too tall himself.

I'm tellin' you, the second you see a woman a head shorter and at least 40lbs lighter than you throw around over70's (and even over120's on a few occasions) like it's business as usual you learn real quick that there's no legitimate reason to complain about your own workload. Well, you know... under normal circumstances, at least.