Finished early

BrownDog5117

I'll make this short and sweet.

I have a daily PU at 6:00pm.

I finished my deliveries, pickups, and full break/lunch by 4:40.

What would you do?

~~~

I called the building and informed them. They ended up taking the PU off me, putting it on another driver close-by because they didn't want me waiting over an hour. That driver texted me later and was irritated with me because I went too "fast", he's now stuck with the PU.

The driver told me in those situations to just call the drivers close by first, before the building.

It's really not a big deal. He's not pissed, I'm not worried, but I am just curious what I should have done. Call it in? Wait it out? Call other drivers without letting the building know? Go slower? haha

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
No way that would happen here, they'd find someone for you to get stops off of or do someone else's pickups or some other garbage in that time frame. Is that your bid route? If it is enjoy your extra stops, I doubt they'll let that happen again.

Cementups

Box Monkey
No way that would happen here, they'd find someone for you to get stops off of or do someone else's pickups or some other garbage in that time frame. Is that your bid route? If it is enjoy your extra stops, I doubt they'll let that happen again.

Not here. If you're one of the under guys, they let you come in early. The under guys make up for the ridiculously over guys. It all equals out.

I went in to work the other day while waiting for my car at the dealership and was there from 3-4pm and saw 4 drivers already coming in to be finished for the day. And here I thought I was done early when I get done at 5:15 :rolleyes:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Not here. If you're one of the under guys, they let you come in early. The under guys make up for the ridiculously over guys. It all equals out.

I went in to work the other day while waiting for my car at the dealership and was there from 3-4pm and saw 4 drivers already coming in to be finished for the day. And here I thought I was done early when I get done at 5:15 :rolleyes:
We need a lot more drivers than we have. Supposedly they won't let them hire more. Everyone is overworked.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Always call the office first, never wait it out. You did the right thing

If I am running early I will finish my lunch and break and then send an ODS stating "I can help if needed". This puts the onus on them to either find me some work or let me take an extended break.

Don't worry about the other driver.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you come back to my center before 5 you will be sent back out.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Only thing we can help drivers with is pickups or to meet drivers for pickup pieces, we are no longer allowed to take work off drivers (pm dispatch) unless a different board is brought out because it will screw up Orion solution for the next day. I call it the dispatcher too lazy to make corrections solution.
Oh the great Orion.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Always call the office first, never wait it out. You did the right thing
Message the office. I don't call them.

I've had plenty of times this has happened. I usually say I'll take a code 05 if you can cover X pick up. Sometimes they cover it. Sometimes I sit and wait

Faceplanted

I would have sat at my next pick up and waited for them to be ready. Next time pace your day out.

They have the technology to know everything we do, they use it to harass us, so they can use it to see when we are done.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

What would you do?

~~~

I called the building and informed them. They ended up taking the PU off me, putting it on another driver close-by because they didn't want me waiting over an hour. That driver texted me later and was irritated with me because I went too "fast", he's now stuck with the PU.

The driver told me in those situations to just call the drivers close by first, before the building.

It's really not a big deal. He's not :censored2:, I'm not worried, but I am just curious what I should have done. Call it in? Wait it out? Call other drivers without letting the building know? Go slower? haha
Try to get the pick up moved to the other cry baby.

8000Shelf

What would you do?

~~~

It's really not a big deal. He's not :censored2:, I'm not worried, but I am just curious what I should have done. Call it in? Wait it out? Call other drivers without letting the building know? Go slower? haha
Study safety questions for an hour. Code it out as little Q/ Compliance training.