Finished early

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by BrownDog5117, Jun 30, 2016.

1. BrownDog5117

BrownDog5117 Member

I'll make this short and sweet.

I have a daily PU at 6:00pm.

I finished my deliveries, pickups, and full break/lunch by 4:40.

What would you do?

I called the building and informed them. They ended up taking the PU off me, putting it on another driver close-by because they didn't want me waiting over an hour. That driver texted me later and was irritated with me because I went too "fast", he's now stuck with the PU.

The driver told me in those situations to just call the drivers close by first, before the building.

It's really not a big deal. He's not :censored2:, I'm not worried, but I am just curious what I should have done. Call it in? Wait it out? Call other drivers without letting the building know? Go slower? haha
  2. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

You did the right thing. They're the bosses, not him. Don't fret none.
    • Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  3. DriveInDriveOut

DriveInDriveOut The One Who Knocks

No way that would happen here, they'd find someone for you to get stops off of or do someone else's pickups or some other garbage in that time frame. Is that your bid route? If it is enjoy your extra stops, I doubt they'll let that happen again.
  4. FrigidFTSup

FrigidFTSup Resident Suit

You made the right choice
  5. nystripe96

nystripe96 Active Member

Always call the office first, never wait it out. You did the right thing
  6. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

Not here. If you're one of the under guys, they let you come in early. The under guys make up for the ridiculously over guys. It all equals out.

I went in to work the other day while waiting for my car at the dealership and was there from 3-4pm and saw 4 drivers already coming in to be finished for the day. And here I thought I was done early when I get done at 5:15 :rolleyes:
  7. DriveInDriveOut

DriveInDriveOut The One Who Knocks

We need a lot more drivers than we have. Supposedly they won't let them hire more. Everyone is overworked.
  8. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

If I am running early I will finish my lunch and break and then send an ODS stating "I can help if needed". This puts the onus on them to either find me some work or let me take an extended break.

Don't worry about the other driver.
  9. UpstateNYUPSer

If you come back to my center before 5 you will be sent back out.
  10. 20 more stops for you today . Problem solved.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. Scottyhawk

Scottyhawk What is it? A brown box. Duh

Only thing we can help drivers with is pickups or to meet drivers for pickup pieces, we are no longer allowed to take work off drivers (pm dispatch) unless a different board is brought out because it will screw up Orion solution for the next day. I call it the dispatcher too lazy to make corrections solution.
    Oh the great Orion.
  12. UpstateNYUPSer

Whenever I finish early I usually roll over and go to sleep.
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  13. Johney

Johney Raise your hand if you think Upstate is a D-Bag

And the reason you're alone today.
  14. 3 done 3 to go

3 done 3 to go In control of my own destiny

Just make sure you get your 8 hr guarantee. Otherwise let the building decide.
  15. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Message the office. I don't call them.

I've had plenty of times this has happened. I usually say I'll take a code 05 if you can cover X pick up. Sometimes they cover it. Sometimes I sit and wait
  16. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Which was last a problem what 20 years ago?
  17. burrheadd

burrheadd Superstar

Does "Rosey" ever complain
  18. Faceplanted

Faceplanted Well-Known Member

I would have sat at my next pick up and waited for them to be ready. Next time pace your day out.

They have the technology to know everything we do, they use it to harass us, so they can use it to see when we are done.
  19. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Try to get the pick up moved to the other cry baby.
  20. 8000Shelf

8000Shelf Active Member

Study safety questions for an hour. Code it out as little Q/ Compliance training.