Finished my third week

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I just hate failing and i know i can do better. My supervisor was praising me last week but after this week i dont know now
UPS feeds on that feeling, sucking it dry to keep the machine moving, until one day, you're nothing but a husk filled with the dust of dissatisfaction and contempt.

Then you retire.

UrFellowUpser

I just need to get myself together man. I came to far to give up now. I just have to remember why im doing this. This is what i wanted now i got it.

PT Car Washer

UPS feeds on that feeling, sucking it dry to keep the machine moving, until one day, you're nothing but a husk filled with the dust of dissatisfaction and contempt.

Then you retire.
"nothing but a husk filled with the dust of dissatisfaction and contempt."? Don't encourage him. Just all part of the game.

I Just Wanna Go Home

Just remember that after your 30 days and you qualify, ALOT of the pressure falls off. You'll still get long annoying days but it's only as bad as you let it be. I know it's hard to keep a good attitude when it seems like everything is going to s* but the worse you react to it the worse it's gonna get. Also, get to know the old ladies on your route. Getting offered homemade cookies multiple times a week keeps your spirits high.

UrFellowUpser

I just want to be fast and finising at 830 is unacceptable 630 is the goal. I need to mix my residentials up better with my businesses.I found myself having like 30 to 35 resi stops after my last pickup and not to mention it gets dark earlier now. At least i get all my package time commentments off

Last edited:

PT Car Washer

I just want to be fast and finising at 830 is unacceptable. I need to mix my residentials up better with my businesses.I found myself having like 30 to 35 resi stops after my last pickup and not to mention it gets dark earlier now. At least i get all my package time commentments off
Not sure if you are real or not, but during Peak just run straight RDO. Run your business stops and then run your resi stops. Break away and make your pick ups on time. Don't crash and don't get hurt. A perfect day.

Luv2gym

I just want to be fast and finising at 830 is unacceptable 630 is the goal. I need to mix my residentials up better with my businesses.I found myself having like 30 to 35 resi stops after my last pickup and not to mention it gets dark earlier now. At least i get all my package time commentments off
Being fast only gets you more work. You will have long days, that's just how it goes. Once you accept that you'll be fine. Make no plans outside of work Monday thru Friday. Turn Orion off and follow RDO. I get all bulk stops off then go from there. I guess being single and not having kids makes the job somewhat better.

rod

Retired 22 years
I just hate failing and i know i can do better. My supervisor was praising me last week but after this week i dont know now

You've only been there 3 weeks and you have already been praised? Most driver don't get praised until------------------------------------------------------------------------never.

rod

Retired 22 years
If you have only been driving 3 weeks you can probably count on getting some time off after peak----probably more than you want.

UrFellowUpser

You've only been there 3 weeks and you have already been praised? Most driver don't get praised until------------------------------------------------------------------------never.
Well other drivers been telling me i been doing good from what they have herd and then my ors acts as if i got this route under wraps and know whats up. Maybe im being too hard on myself idk

UrFellowUpser

If you have only been driving 3 weeks you can probably count on getting some time off after peak----probably more than you want.
Another new driver ask me how many days ive gotten off so far and i said none and he looked at me and said they must not like me cause they been not giving him no work idk

Last edited:

UrFellowUpser

And another thing ive been getting NO help at all like the other drivers. The only time i got help was my first day and that was it. Whats up with that?

watdaflock?

This job is starting to change my outlook on life and not so much in a positive way.
I got this new crappy preloader. Crap been falling all over the truck all day and these bulk stops are killing me. It be like one stop and 25 pieces and what not

Never worked this hard in my life and they monitor every little thing i do. Crying about back first exemptions, backing distance, following orion which is :censored2:ed up and whatever magical numbers they come up with

Management upped your stop count because they can. The decision makers will continue to see how much more they can get out of you, until you break. Find a happy medium. Quit killing yourself, first off! Work at the pace you're comfortable with. As soon as management says anything, reply "you're just following safety methods and working a directed" or some other by the book nonsense.

Indecisi0n

Sit down with the wife and ask her if she is ready to have the next 30 weeks like the past 3 weeks have been. If she isn't having it then you need to decide, wife or the job.