Finished my third week

Re-Raise

It sounds like you have been running the same route, just with more work added. You are lucky. You will become more familiar with the area and the drop off points. That will help your times.

You will also get better at adjusting your load as you look for packages. As you check the pals, place them on the shelves so they won't keep falling to the floor.

You'll get the hang of it. Just don't have a accident! Everything else can be fixed.

WorknLateHuh

Dont know if its been mentioned, but working a 10-11 hour day in daylight is different than working 1 in the dark of night. It messes with you psychologically. Walking up driveways in pitch black seeing families eating dinner inside you find yourself saying, "what the :censored2: am i doing? How is this even worth it?" It feels like you're the only one working. yea... you wanna talk about discouraging.

idk, maybe its different for the 20 30 year guys, but it still affects me. All i know is if im working a long day and its bright/sunny out at 830 at night my whole vibe and attitude are different.

Allow for the possibility that this may mess with your mind. Get a radio and jam out until your last stop and if its any consolatiom, we only deal with this a few months out of the year.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Delivering at 630pm, pitch black outside and guy says "Your working late tonight". He doesn't have a clue as to the reality of UPS! Had a few hours to go yet.

The Driver

I drive.
Dont know if its been mentioned, but working a 10-11 hour day in daylight is different than working 1 in the dark of night. It messes with you psychologically. Walking up driveways in pitch black seeing families eating dinner inside you find yourself saying, "what the :censored2: am i doing? How is this even worth it?" It feels like you're the only one working. yea... you wanna talk about discouraging.

idk, maybe its different for the 20 30 year guys, but it still affects me. All i know is if im working a long day and its bright/sunny out at 830 at night my whole vibe and attitude are different.

Allow for the possibility that this may mess with your mind. Get a radio and jam out until your last stop and if its any consolatiom, we only deal with this a few months out of the year.

Agree with this 100%. Keep your mind on the bigger picture, your personal goals, etc. This job takes a special sort of emotional maturity that you don't realize you need to have to keep doing it day after day.

Blast that music. Don't forget that there are lots of us doing the same thing out here. We're in this together.

clean hairy

You said you want to be off by 6:30, you don't like being off at 8:30.
Are you one of the last Drivers in?
Closer to Dec 25th, later you will work.
Considering the future, having a nice Pension for retirement,and terrific healthcare coverage until retirement.
You will have to sit down and consider all this, and discuss with the wife.
Only you and her can decide if this is the best for all involved.

Colt

This makes for interesting reading
Wish you where in or area consider yourself lucky that your driving if you don't like it quit eventually you'll be making over a 100K

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
This job is starting to change my outlook on life and not so much in a positive way. Its been my third day in a row finishing at 830 pm ever since they upped my stop count by 30 stops after having a good week last week. Sometimes i just dont know and peak hasnt even started yet at my hub. I can already tell this job is effecting my home life. I dont even want to be bothered by my own wife and kids.
Work faster and they will give you more work.

Geo926

Delivering at 630pm, pitch black outside and guy says "Your working late tonight". He doesn't have a clue as to the reality of UPS! Had a few hours to go yet.

Ughhh this is the worst. I get it everyday "Wow you are working late! Can't believe you're still working!?" Buckle up wait until you're ringing doorbells at 9:30 instead of 6:30 asking for signatures. Those looks go from astonishment to anger real fast [emoji1]