Finished my third week

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Ughhh this is the worst. I get it everyday "Wow you are working late! Can't believe you're still working!?" Buckle up wait until you're ringing doorbells at 9:30 instead of 6:30 asking for signatures. Those looks go from astonishment to anger real fast [emoji1]

I refuse to ring a doorbell after 8 PM.

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
This job is starting to change my outlook on life and not so much in a positive way. Its been my third day in a row finishing at 830 pm ever since they upped my stop count by 30 stops after having a good week last week. Sometimes i just dont know and peak hasnt even started yet at my hub. I can already tell this job is effecting my home life. I dont even want to be bothered by my own wife and kids.
If you already feel this way so early in your progression this may not be the job for you. Things smooth out over time but the nature of the job will not change

purehavanne

As a newer driver myself, I was taught to come in early and "set the truck up." After they kept loading me up to the brim, I realized what I was tricked into.

All I can say is slow down, take your hour break, and try to get as many signatures as you can, which will justify your numbers to an extent. After a while, they'll just move onto the next sucker.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
This job is starting to change my outlook on life and not so much in a positive way. Its been my third day in a row finishing at 830 pm ever since they upped my stop count by 30 stops after having a good week last week. Sometimes i just dont know and peak hasnt even started yet at my hub. I can already tell this job is effecting my home life. I dont even want to be bothered by my own wife and kids.

Wife's taken care of

She said "work as late as they need you"

UrFellowUpser

Did alot better today even though i had to run three misloads to areas ive never been to. Is it that hard to put the rigjt package on the right truck

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Ups isn't for everyone
Not impossible you just have to learn to play the game
Throw Orion and safety right back at them

I gotta warn u, I'm about 165-170 lbs... So get your back belt on before throwing me!

Ps, u should know that in this time, operational needs take over. U do what's safe and what's taught in your integrad (unless u r trying to "make book" or packet ) and be glad u are on team brownie getting hourly pay plus OT

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Better slow down Runner-Gunner!

upload_2016-11-22_7-29-14.jpeg