Finishing on time

UrFellowUpser

Is it a realistic goal to want to have all my deliveries done by the time i have to do my pickups. My goal is to get back to the hub after my last pickup.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Is it a realistic goal to want to have all my deliveries done by the time i have to do my pickups. My goal is to get back to the hub after my last pickup.

I would have loved to be able to do that on my last route before I retired.

I had one (only one) pickup that was an AEPU scheduled at 10:45 before I left town for the rural part of the route.

Just imagine, being done by 11:00 every single day.

GenericUsername

It honestly depends on the route and what time the pickups start. There's a mall route in our center who has pickups that begin at 3:30. This doesn't include the early pickup for JCPenny and Gamestop. Those two are just don't real quick as you do the delivery anyhow as they are sater (sayter? whatever, I dunno.) Unless you're dragging ass, it's very feasible to finish that route before pickups... But then again, you do spend 2 or so hours on pickups because Macy's is an absolute bitch most days.

Cementups

Box Monkey
My pickups start at 3:45 and end as late as 4:30 depending on how much I chat it up with the people at my pickups. Most days, depending on how my early day went, I am heading back to the HUB at 4:30 and off the clock by 5:15. Just depends on my stop count..

Tick Toc

On my route it's tough to pull off. To have all deliveries completed before pickups I would need to actually leave the building at 9ish (rare), no heavy traffic to my town (sometimes) and a perfect stop-for-stop 110 delivery day (rare). My 20 pickups start at 3:45 and my last one, a UPS store is at 6:15. Last week I needed an air meeting on Wednesday so I could finish about 15 deliveries after that last pick up, and Friday I got it all done. . .but took my lunch break at 6:40. I think the key is to do your best (safely) and have a contingency plan in place.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It is for me. My last delivery is at 2:30 and I immediately start my pickups. My last pickup is a mall drop box with a 5:45 commit that I sweep after closing out the UPS Store. Back to the center by 6 and punched out and gone by 6:05.

Tick Toc

That's a quick wrap. It takes me sometimes over 10 minutes JUST to wait in line for an air door. Never mind fueling and getting backed into my spot on the box line on the other end of the Hub

WorknLateHuh

what's with the banker's hours? I finish pickups @6:30ish, then about 1 thousand more stops, and punched out at 9 to 9:30. Please contain your jealousness

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So driving back at 5ish? If you are asking these questions and have a route like that, better keep it to yourself, you won't have it for long in my building. Might help to complain everyday before start time about how crappy your pickups are also.
Only way would be if the route is 45 minutes or so from the building. I run a route like this from time to time. Even then I rarely get to drive back right after pick ups.