Finishing on time

Tick Toc

Hmm. Interesting. I think I need to not be so afraid to request an air meet more often then. I get stuck trying to be a hero and not bug anyone but that mentality will get me in trouble eventually.

Tick Toc

Right. And I get that, I do. But some days run smooth and other days just have a bunch of little things that can start setting you back and you can only accelerate so much playing "catch up" before the returns start to diminish, i.e. injury or accident

Cementups

Box Monkey
Maintain your same pace and call for help if needed. Don't work with the thought that you are going to be bailed out.

That sh1t drives me batty. I told my boss not even to mention to certain drives that they may be getting help because as soon as a driver thinks they are getting help they start sandbagging. And then when they are getting help they will bomb the driver with the crappiest work that they just don't want to do.
If a driver knows I am coming to help him I will text him ahead of time and tell him what I will help him with (stuff i am familiar with) and if I get there and he tries to give me BS I will leave. I've got too much seniority for that crap to try and screw me around like a new driver. Guys have to remember, what goes around, comes around. Don't burn bridges with coworkers.

Dr.Brownz

Th
It honestly depends on the route and what time the pickups start. There's a mall route in our center who has pickups that begin at 3:30. This doesn't include the early pickup for JCPenny and Gamestop. Those two are just don't real quick as you do the delivery anyhow as they are sater (sayter? whatever, I dunno.) Unless you're dragging ass, it's very feasible to finish that route before pickups... But then again, you do spend 2 or so hours on pickups because Macy's is an absolute bitch most days.

The route with Macys pickup here is the most unpredictable one in the building. You could be done at 4:00pm or out till 9pm or later depending if Macys blows you out to the point where you MUST drive 30 minutes back to the building and 30 minutes back to area.

GenericUsername

The mall is less than 8 minutes from our center, fortunately. The Macys there is bigger than most from what I'm told, and is used as a storage/online order filling store more than any of the other ones around the area. We generally have a sweep in the morning when the EAM guys come back and then the afternoon pickup, which makes it super manageable. Otherwise we would be looking at 400-500 pieces a day in the afternoon alone. When it gets closer to Christmas, we sweep in the EAM, early afternoon and then the final pickup later in the day. Then we also stop by on Saturdays with a smaller box truck and fill it up as well.

GenericUsername

That sh1t drives me batty. I told my boss not even to mention to certain drives that they may be getting help because as soon as a driver thinks they are getting help they start sandbagging. And then when they are getting help they will bomb the driver with the crappiest work that they just don't want to do.
If a driver knows I am coming to help him I will text him ahead of time and tell him what I will help him with (stuff i am familiar with) and if I get there and he tries to give me BS I will leave. I've got too much seniority for that crap to try and screw me around like a new driver. Guys have to remember, what goes around, comes around. Don't burn bridges with coworkers.

You got that right. I bailed out a guy two peaks ago, as a seasonal driver, and he gave me the crappiest stuff. The next week I had to help him again. He tried to pull the same crap, and by that time I had already been around the area once so I've seen it on a map. Instead of taking the 30 stops off of him in the crappy area, I took off the 50 stops in the big loop of the development and knocked it out much quicker than the other stuff. The least you can do is give the people bailing you out the easier stuff so you can knock out the hard stuff.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Slight derail, wasn't Macy's losing to the competition like Kohls, walamrt, n such?

Mst of their stuff is made in China, just like 90% of what i deliver from other companies

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
...where you MUST drive 30 minutes back to the building and 30 minutes back to area.

That wouldn't fly on team purple since we don't get paid by the hour or OT... they should just plan a PTmer, seasonal, TCD, or whatever u calls dem to go do that and other select bulk pickups in a boxtruck

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Do you still have BT as center manager? I loved that guy when he was here at Pdale.

He was a driver in my Center before he went into management, he was my OnCar Supervisor at one time. He has been Center Manager for East Forest Park for a long time, I work in West Forest Park. He is an easy-going guy, I enjoyed working for him.

evilleace

It depends on the route, but it is possible, It is very rare that I don't finish before pu's on any of the routes I cover. If I know I am going to be cutting it close I will save the resi closest to the pu's and run it right before or during pu's. Like I said very rare I am not done and heading back to the building at 5 or even 430.

TheMasochist

200 lbs? No problem - it's only my back
I wish. I get 110-125 stops on my route. My last pickup is scheduled for 17:20, but I arrive around 17:00. Most days I'll still have 20 stops left. Why? Because my pickups start at 14:00 and I will come back to the building with more pieces then I left with!! LOL!!!