Fired for bringing back unscanned packages

kingOFchester

What kind if hellfire comes down on a center manager if there are missed from the previous day? The way missed are treated, you would think the center manager has his very career threatened if there's a missed pkg? We all know it's not good, it's a service failure...But WHY is it so bad that most centers cover it up with dishonesty. If the center manager's do indeed get killed on a call the next morning, then this is what breeds cover ups of real reports. The center manager shouldn't hear a word about missed or even late air unless it's excessive. It is what it is and the center manager can deal with it on their own without higher management giving him crap.

Anyone really know what happens each morning when service failures happen?

Reason they are hidden: Everyone does it. If your numbers are worse then others, you will be kicked down to some god awful building 48 miles away from home working the night shift. To be competitive with the other rotten managers, you fudge the numbers to give your boss what they want. If it isn't on paper, it didn't happen.

JL 0513

Because it will show up on a report somewhere up the food -chain.
This should be avoided at any cost.

Reason they are hidden: Everyone does it. If your numbers are worse then others, you will be kicked down to some god awful building 48 miles away from home working the night shift. To be competitive with the other rotten managers, you fudge the numbers to give your boss what they want. If it isn't on paper, it didn't happen.

Point is, this shouldn't happen, but we all know that. Why a company has to operate in such a way that it promotes everyone down the line to falsify records to stay off radars is just a horrible way to run a multi-billion dollar corporation. We do service, that's it. We are are going to have service failures, that's life. Why not just report everything with integrity as it happens and not worry about every level of management having a problem to deal with. Do they like paying class action lawsuits because just like the air situation, enough people could catch on to what UPS does and we could end up pay 10's of millions in another suit.

Ms.PacMan

A lot of times around 445 I'll get a message saying "please sheet that up as closed. They closed at 2 today. Make sure it's done before 5" knowing DAMN well that place didn't close at 2

I got tired of this so my response was I'll do my best to get there by 5 and they responded to sheet as closed NOW and I responded I can't do that because of GPS and they told me to bring it back to the building.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I got tired of this so my response was I'll do my best to get there by 5 and they responded to sheet as closed NOW and I responded I can't do that because of GPS and they told me to bring it back to the building.
Depends on my mood and how much I've got left of my own stuff..if I can make it before 5 I'll go deliver it...but if I send them the misload message at noon and they respond almost five hours later they can kiss my behind

JL 0513

I like to snap cellphone pics of any packages that I am asked to bring back to the center for them to sheet so that I can track them later that evening.

That's a good idea. I would just like to see what they do with them out of curiosity. NI1 most of the time I imagine.