Fired for stealing time-> not entering lunch/break

john chesney

I made a "very serious" mistake. In my rush to leave for home, I made a human oversight and blew by the screen to enter my lunch. 2 or so years ago my Sup gave me permission to account for my time using my watch-stopwatch and plugging in a 1 hour lunch time at end of day. No problems til now. Took 2wk vaca to Norway to visit family, they're 6 hours ahead of us. I came back to work 6 hours ahead in mind and body. 1st day back I didn't enter lunch, simple mistake on my part, but I told him the next morning I had done it. Well, he didn't fix timecard, AND I did it again that day!!! OUCH! Called in office and terminated. He also followed me that 2nd day and watched me take some of my time that wasn't logged into board, because it was in my stopwatch; just never got recorded. I've never been here before. No prior terminations, 21yrs service, 13yrs safe driving, 0 attendance/tardy issues, never bitch or complain and get the job done. Is this because it's a contract year and I'm being made an example of? Wife and kids are still in Norway!!! Can't wait to pick them up at the airport and give them the news!!!! Am I getting my job back? BTW my supervisor did a great job not supervising me. Insights? How long can I expect to be jobless?
I’d fire you too just because you’re easy. Damn they love to :censored2: with you guys scared to death with a stopwatch. You need to grow a set. Of course they’re going to fire you they have nothing to worry about. They try that :censored2: with me I’d have so many Osha,Eeoc and lawsuits filed and they know it cause I’ve done it

vvv

No sir. I've been using an iron man watch, has stopwatch built it. I ran it anytime I stopped to chat a bit or hit the can for relief. Using it worked great to keep tabs on what was used and left of my time. Used my time every day.

Why are you putting in lunch time for taking a crap? Unless you are sitting in there with a burger in one hand and a "sausage" in the other.
Regardless you are a complete fool.......NEXT!!

Johney

Well, you're clearly too ignorant to have read books and too lazy to have simply googled "wilberforce." You'd have found quite quickly that he was a primary driver behind the abolition of slavery in England. That's a reasonable thing to use to create a username.

If the OP is believed (and we don't have anything else to go on) it would appear that he did more free work than he took in falsified breaks. He probably loaded before his start time, and definitely worked his required lunch. That means he didn't steal, because he gave them more than he took.

The correct charge would be falsification of records, dishonesty, or failing to work as directed for not taking a lunch. Those would stick.

He gave more than he took. That's not really stealing by any reasonable definition.
Yawn.

F

Frankie's Friend

I carry 2 stopwatches just in case one breaks...
20180704_001628.jpg

But doesnt work well at night.

F

Frankie's Friend

No sir. I've been using an iron man watch, has stopwatch built it. I ran it anytime I stopped to chat a bit or hit the can for relief. Using it worked great to keep tabs on what was used and left of my time. Used my time every day.
You needed the kind with a daily reminder alarm.
Btw...we dont punch in breaks for bathroom usage.

F

Frankie's Friend

So you keep track of your personal time, a minute here, a few minutes there, using a stop watch? How do you enter it in the board? In one big chunk? You would have to, because the board doesn't have room to enter several short breaks, and the company wouldn't let you because it would be documentation of their violation of labor laws and the contract by allowing you to track your personal time that way. That's falsification. You ought to have been terminated a long time ago for dishonesty. Since it's a "first occurance", you'll probably get your job back after stewing for a few weeks. File a grievance asap.
There's several allotted time segments in both break and lunch screens in DIAD.
We break up the breaks all the time.
If I want to sit under a shaded area after the airs are off I record a 5 min break in my board.
In the past, when they pulled up sparks reports it would drive them looney validating the dead time but we were given the option to split up those several years ago after PAS was implemented....

for the benefit of the company of course.

F

Frankie's Friend

Well, you're clearly too ignorant to have read books and too lazy to have simply googled "wilberforce." You'd have found quite quickly that he was a primary driver behind the abolition of slavery in England. That's a reasonable thing to use to create a username.

If the OP is believed (and we don't have anything else to go on) it would appear that he did more free work than he took in falsified breaks. He probably loaded before his start time, and definitely worked his required lunch. That means he didn't steal, because he gave them more than he took.

The correct charge would be falsification of records, dishonesty, or failing to work as directed for not taking a lunch. Those would stick.

He gave more than he took. That's not really stealing by any reasonable definition.
Pure speculation.
The management will have the documented lapses in hand at the hearings and the supes recorded info after they followed him.