Firing's for being seen on cell phones/distracted driving.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Don't talk on your cell all day on this job, now that's super funny dude. Even if your son,daughter or wife calls? Gimme a break dude you people acting like nerdballs about not talking on your cell phone even if its on Bluetooth need to go back to the caveman days when you guys started driving. You people are so hilarious dude lol. Unrealistic that's for sure.

I am sans kids, so I don't answer when my son/daughter call. If my wife (doubtful), or other family members call, the phone will ring, and I'll make the decision of if I choose to answer it. I've been a driver for 5 years, and am 30, who the friend are you calling a caveman? It's MY phone, what I choose to do with it, and who I choose to talk to while on the job is neither the job of management, or you.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I am sans kids, so I don't answer when my son/daughter call. If my wife (doubtful), or other family members call, the phone will ring, and I'll make the decision of if I choose to answer it. I've been a driver for 5 years, and am 30, who the friend are you calling a caveman? It's MY phone, what I choose to do with it, and who I choose to talk to while on the job is neither the job of management, or you.
I don't care who you talk to or when to be honest witcha. No need to get your panties up in a bunch son act like a little girl about it. Like really dude is it that serious? LOL

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I am grown son older than you are. You were the one getting all crazy n stuff not me dogg. I just said how people need to grow with the times and use bluetooth because of safety and the laws of the road. People want to make such a big stink about using their phones like its an inconvenience. That's why they make Bluetooth for, convenience. Not my fault people are stuck in the eighties and stuff and cant adapt to the times. Just sayin bra, WORD.

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
There are signs posted in our building that you are not supposed to be using Bluetooth. Makes no difference to me either way. I am the other half of the two people in the world that still don't own a cell phone. Don't ever plan on owning one. I haven't had a situation in all these years that I couldn't wait until I got home to use my home phone. I don't understand why people feel the need to be hooked up to a phone 24/7. The bonus side of not having a cell is management will find someone that is easier to get hold of when they need something extra done. They don't want to have to contact me via DIAD when they can call another driver on their cell and get an immediate response.

C

chuchu

There are signs posted in our building that you are not supposed to be using Bluetooth. Makes no difference to me either way. I am the other half of the two people in the world that still don't own a cell phone. Don't ever plan on owning one. I haven't had a situation in all these years that I couldn't wait until I got home to use my home phone. I don't understand why people feel the need to be hooked up to a phone 24/7. The bonus side of not having a cell is management will find someone that is easier to get hold of when they need something extra done. They don't want to have to contact me via DIAD when they can call another driver on their cell and get an immediate response.
You've said a lot in that last sentence...."they can (and do) call another driver on their cell and get an immediate response". If no one answered their phone calls (which are hypocritical because they can see when your wheels are turning) they would quit calling. We give them too much power by our actions.