Followed...

Savvy412

what is the latest you have ever been followed.."observed"

every time I get followed its always around 11-12-1

after 3 is when I get lazy and not beep at every stop or put my mirror in.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Was followed and observed three times since the first of the year. Has always been around 3:00 to 4:00. Boss lives in my delivery area and just heads home when he's bored with me.

Re-Raise

I injured myself at work about a month ago. As a 23 year driver, they thought it would be a good part of my TAW work to ride around with our driver sup and observe drivers. I get along with him well and it was interesting hiding and watching the guys deliver.

The main thing I took away from it was how differently two people could observe the same situation. If it was a driver he liked and I didn't, he would point out everything he did right while I could easily find something to gig him on. The same was true the other way around as well. Perception is everything and the whole thing is too subjective to be as important as UPS thinks it is.

And to be clear.... don't think I would ever throw a fellow driver under the bus, but we did talk about what they could improve on with them.

Last edited:

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
OYk51G.gif

Savvy412

I injured myself at work about a month ago. As a 23 year driver, they thought it would be a good part of my TAW work to ride around with our driver sup and observe drivers. I get along with him well and it was interesting hiding and watching the guys deliver.

The main thing I took away from it was how differently two people could observe the same situation. If it was a driver he liked and I didn't, he would point out everything he did right while I could easily find something to gig him on. The same was true the other way around as well. Perception is everything and the whole thing is too subjective to be as important as UPS thinks it is.

And to be clear.... don't think I would ever throw a fellow driver under the bus, but we did talk about what they could do improve on with them.

Thnx for the post. Ya that would be fun to be the cop for the day not the robber

Rack em

Made the Podium
what is the latest you have ever been followed.."observed"

every time I get followed its always around 11-12-1

after 3 is when I get lazy and not beep at every stop or put my mirror in.
I never honk at any stop unless its a resi where I need a signature and want them to get to the door quicker. And I cant even remember the last time I folded in my mirror. Your sup's must be really strict.

The last time I was followed it was my center manager and his vehicle is obvious. I saw him from 2 blocks away so I delivered my next stop then decided it was time for me to take my lunch :)

Savvy412

our hubs new flavor of the month is honking at EVERY STOP...and not a tap..and yes..mirrors every single time. Im used to it though..the mirror part. I still am embarrassed to beep my horn loud for 10 stops on 1 street.

they want us to get customer complaints they said.

Cementups

Box Monkey
our hubs new flavor of the month is honking at EVERY STOP...and not a tap..and yes..mirrors every single time. Im used to it though..the mirror part. I still am embarrassed to beep my horn loud for 10 stops on 1 street.

they want us to get customer complaints they said.

I have honked the horn at EVERY stop since the day I started driving and I have NEVER gotten a complaint about it, ever. If anything I've had customers tell me they like that I do it because they hear me coming and know that I will be to their house soon. It's like being the adult version of the ice cream man.

I refuse to tuck my mirror in because I'm not about to tentatively lose an arm because I'm sticking it out of my truck for a mirror. My arm is more important than their mirror.

Tough Guy

I have honked the horn at EVERY stop since the day I started driving and I have NEVER gotten a complaint about it, ever. If anything I've had customers tell me they like that I do it because they hear me coming and know that I will be to their house soon. It's like being the adult version of the ice cream man.

I refuse to tuck my mirror in because I'm not about to tentatively lose an arm because I'm sticking it out of my truck for a mirror. My arm is more important than their mirror.

With all the coming and going Orion has us do in neighborhoods, you could wind up honking and your customer thinks you're coming to their house soon. Then you show up 6 hours later and they ask why you didn't deliver earlier, since they heard you honk down the street. "Sorry sir/ma'am, Orion wanted me coming back to do the last 2 stops in here at the end of my day"

Cementups

Box Monkey
With all the coming and going Orion has us do in neighborhoods, you could wind up honking and your customer thinks you're coming to their house soon. Then you show up 6 hours later and they ask why you didn't deliver earlier, since they heard you honk down the street. "Sorry sir/ma'am, Orion wanted me coming back to do the last 2 stops in here at the end of my day"

I had that happen before Orion though. Running air and you drop one and then come back several hours to deliver the ground.