For the Rookies

undies

Last year I got my house for $432k at 3.75%. Paying $2,450/month mortgage! 2 bed 1 bath, 815 sq feet!
Cost of living is crazy in So Cal.

Last year I got my house for $432k at 3.75%. Paying $2,450/month mortgage! 2 bed 1 bath, 815 sq feet!
Cost of living is crazy in So Cal.
I could get a 1700sf house 3 bd 2 bath with a 35 ft dock, small lot though, for that kinda dough.

UPS_CDOT_DRIVER

I'm from PA, my son just bought a house on 5 acres for 150k. House needs work but he you can't beat that price for the land.

Depends on where you are in PA, once you go east of Philly working at express or ups is considered good money to most people
I assume you meant west of Philly because that's where I live and east of us is NJ.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
If you have bad credit and can't at least come up with a 10% down payment. Maybe you aren't ready to buy a home ?

Not saying you...just in general.
Exactly.
Problem is banks are going to find a way to make money off those people one way or another, even if it means people being foreclosed on down the road. You'd think banks would have learned from the last fallout, but when the government/tax payer bails them out every time they fail what's the risk....

Exactly.
Problem is banks are going to find a way to make money off those people one way or another, even if it means people being foreclosed on down the road. You'd think banks would have learned from the last fallout, but when the government/tax payer bails them out every time they fail what's the risk....
Just like they have 7 year loans on cars or leases. You are letting people buy something they truly can afford.