Forcing Thanksgiving Holiday Work Is The Beginning Of The End

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
YES!!!!!! Working black friday.

I'm stunned that so many workers STILL don't know we're working. Took my meal in the cafeteria a week or so ago, and the part timers were discussing it, and they thought it was just a rumor....if I'd have cared, I would have set them straight
NOOOOOOO I HAVE TO WORK?!?!?!?!!

WTF THATS IT THIS IS THE END OF WORLD. BEFORE YOU KNOW IT WE WILL BE WORKING SAT SUN AND ALL HOLIDAYS. OMG NO I CANT BELIEVE THIS IS HAPPENING. THE UNION SOLD US OUT.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Meadowlands building falls within the jurisdiction of Local 177. Black Friday is STILL voluntary in 177. It's as simple as that.

Management in my center is in full panic mode. They want to roll 45 routes, but they're short by about 10 drivers. No chance in hell I work that holiday. Haven't in years.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I spoke to Fred Berry and he said you do not have to work. If you do choose to work, you get paid double time.

Theoneandonly24

Iv asked my sup and shop steward and for new hires, and full timers it's mandatory to work Black Friday, for me and several other people in my area with seniority it's optional and it's time and a half pay. And yes it's local 177

Theoneandonly24

New hires and full timers have to work. For me and 3 other part timers it's optional. I'm guessing cause we have seniority? I'm just telling you what I was told. I sense tension in your responses.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
New hires and full timers have to work. For me and 3 other part timers it's optional. I'm guessing cause we have seniority? I'm just telling you what I was told. I sense tension in your responses.
4 PTers...lol. Tension??optional Black Friday with double time plus holiday pay? Yes, I get really tense when i'm making $60+ an hour.