Forcing Thanksgiving Holiday Work Is The Beginning Of The End

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Overtime? We all get double time here...and holiday pay.
Not everywhere is double time, but that is definitely cool no doubt
1397249451.gif

rpoz11

There was a grievance filed here around 2000 I think with the National Air Committee. It was about the Company scheduling too many drivers to work on the Friday after Thanksgiving and also because Ground and 3 Day Select was delivered in addition to air packages. We won a full 8 hour day for those drivers, and a commitment to reduce the number of drivers forced to work in future years. If anyone is interested I'm sure I can dig up the actual grievance.

You again...
That was in and around the year 2000; as you are suggesting here.
That was before the markets gained real traction prior to economic issues.

Today, the company is risking losing large volumes of deliveries to start-up companies that these suppliers are electing to use; so as to not repeat the 2013 fiasco.
Personally have been watching these non union delivery companies delivering Office Depot, Amazon, and more.

So, while I understand the argument, somewhere we need to address this while not losing customers and still respecting seniority.

Another topic for the IBT to address in the next contract negotiations.

Mack Grant

company using the excuse that we must stay competitive ( forget creating new jobs ) will be the beginning of the end for us losing all of our "stay at home" holidays.

day after Thanksgiving lost will mean that Christmas is next , then all the rest.

glad I'm retiring next year.
Still debating whether to call in or not. Worst case scenario you'll get a "talk with" or "warning".

O

OLDMAN3

Yep, the guys in my loop will be trying to pawn off stops on me...bring it on!

8 hrs holiday pay + 10 hrs at double time...

$33.69 x 28 = $943.32 for one day!

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
$600?

With Holiday pay it'll be in the $1100 ballpark.

Our managers made the mistake of posting in every possible location the Black Friday was a "scheduled work day". The BA and all the stewards snapped them up and already made it known that since it is a "scheduled work day" then all rules apply especially drivers maxing out their available hours because of outside contractors on property.
You are getting you're holiday pay whether you work or not. So if you work, you will make around $600 dollars. 10 hours times roughly $60 an hour. I get that you will make $850 for the day, but you are only getting $600 to work. Well, that is a lot of money.

Don't see how you plan on $1100. Holiday pay roughly $250. Even if you work 12 hours, that is only an additional roughly $750. I don't see anybody working 12 hours unless you have one of those long feeder days.

VonDutch

Bite your tongue, Missy
You are getting you're holiday pay whether you work or not. So if you work, you will make around $600 dollars. 10 hours times roughly $60 an hour. I get that you will make $850 for the day, but you are only getting $600 to work. Well, that is a lot of money.

Don't see how you plan on $1100. Holiday pay roughly $250. Even if you work 12 hours, that is only an additional roughly $750. I don't see anybody working 12 hours unless you have one of those long feeder days.

Holiday 32.675 X 8=261.40
Double time 65.35 X 13 = 849.55

261.40 + 849.55 = 1110.95.

I'm #3 on the board, it's a "scheduled work day, contractors will be on property which means I can max my hours, and that means $$$$ for this gal.

How's that sound?

upschuck

Holiday 32.675 X 8=261.40
Double time 65.35 X 13 = 849.55

261.40 + 849.55 = 1110.95.

I'm #3 on the board, it's a "scheduled work day, contractors will be on property which means I can max my hours, and that means $$$$ for this gal.

How's that sound?
If you get 13 hrs, then 5 of those should be at OT pay at 65.35*1.5 or $98.025, so even more pay for you.

upschuck

The technical term is called "pyramiding".

It's the same thing, if you work a 6th punch.

You're already at a premium rate.... you don't get more overtime after 8 hours.

-Bug-
I see in the contract now, but that should change. We are at a premium rate for a reason, and over 8 should cost them more.