Forcing Thanksgiving Holiday Work Is The Beginning Of The End

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
now that they pissed off half the feeder drivers, they are back tracking about needing everyone Friday night.

typical.
I wish they would actually work everyone. How about an easy day for everyone instead of no work for the high guys and screw the young ones.

UPS4Life

My building hasn't posted or said anything other than speculation that we are running a full normal day. Maybe they won't post anything except a list for people who don't work Fridays?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Theoneandonly24

Iv heard different stories from different people and I'm trying to get a straight answer. I work in the meadowlands hub during midnight shift and I need to know if we have a midnight sort the day after thanksgiving?? I know the last contract it was an observed holiday but people are saying we have to work with the new contract and I can't find it anywhere in the national agreement.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You won't find this information in your supplement or the NMA as the decision to work Black Friday was made after both of those agreements were ratified.

Black Friday is a normal working day, with pickups and everything, so, yes, you will be working. I, on the other hand, will be on vacation. :)

Johney

You won't find this information in your supplement or the NMA as the decision to work Black Friday was made after both of those agreements were ratified.

Black Friday is a normal working day, with pickups and everything, so, yes, you will be working. I, on the other hand, will be on vacation. :)
But most likely in there collecting recyclables out of trash cans when all drivers are in and gone.

rod

Retired 22 years

where are you and the center manager going this time?

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
YES!!!!!! Working black friday.

I'm stunned that so many workers STILL don't know we're working. Took my meal in the cafeteria a week or so ago, and the part timers were discussing it, and they thought it was just a rumor....if I'd have cared, I would have set them straight

JackStraw

Iv heard different stories from different people and I'm trying to get a straight answer. I work in the meadowlands hub during midnight shift and I need to know if we have a midnight sort the day after thanksgiving?? I know the last contract it was an observed holiday but people are saying we have to work with the new contract and I can't find it anywhere in the national agreement.
I believe the Meadowlands is local 177. It is a HOLIDAY. If you want to volunteer to work that day, I'm sure they can accommodate you. At double time plus holiday pay of course.