Fraternizing

helenofcalifornia

Another example of a PT supe that was too dumb to stay hourly and went into management instead. Strengthens the hourly DNA with his move from the ranks and weakens the management DNA. I hope she keeps those texts, because it sounds like this dummy is going to have them used against him. Harassment? Oh yeah. Stupidity? Oh yeah. Can you imagine if he made into FT management what him and his supremely huge ego would try to do? Grievances would be flying. What a dummy.

And the other side of me says this is probably a 20 year old kid with pimples on his face, has a serious crush on this girl, and does not know how to end it without any issues. Someone should take him aside and talk to him.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Another example of a PT supe that was too dumb to stay hourly and went into management instead. Strengthens the hourly DNA with his move from the ranks and weakens the management DNA. I hope she keeps those texts, because it sounds like this dummy is going to have them used against him. Harassment? Oh yeah. Stupidity? Oh yeah. Can you imagine if he made into FT management what him and his supremely huge ego would try to do? Grievances would be flying. What a dummy.

And the other side of me says this is probably a 20 year old kid with pimples on his face, has a serious crush on this girl, and does not know how to end it without any issues. Someone should take him aside and talk to him.

helen, go with your second thought on this one.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

UPSER256

She has tried to tell him to just let it go, they only dated for a few months and this shouldn't be a big deal. But he says he can't stand the comments that other employees make about her (I guess besides compliments of her work some are sexual because she is a young fit attractive female). The texts are just comments about being mad, wanting to move her, and such. She is also not certain about what the contract says and doesn't want to bring it up to anyone until there is really a possibility of her moving. Meaning that they tell her she needs to move to another center. She doesnt think this will happen, that he may just be "talking", considering they were very upset the day she missed and 3 men couldnt get her area done in the time she did. She kinda worries about talking to management ahead of her because he is best friends w/ the full time supervisor. Just kinda wants to know the rules before she says anything if it come down to her needing to.

UPSER256

She has kept all the texts from him and does plan to use them if need be. She asked him what his reasoning was going to be for moving her and he said "he doesn't need a reason, he does what he wants."

fxdwg

Long Time Member
Dude.....Jump in or don't.

You have gotten some advice here.

It seems like a simple issue to me....Tell the PT Sup that you do not want him to continue to have your friend harassed and go from there.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
She has tried to tell him to just let it go, they only dated for a few months and this shouldn't be a big deal. But he says he can't stand the comments that other employees make about her (I guess besides compliments of her work some are sexual because she is a young fit attractive female). The texts are just comments about being mad, wanting to move her, and such. She is also not certain about what the contract says and doesn't want to bring it up to anyone until there is really a possibility of her moving. Meaning that they tell her she needs to move to another center. She doesnt think this will happen, that he may just be "talking", considering they were very upset the day she missed and 3 men couldnt get her area done in the time she did. She kinda worries about talking to management ahead of her because he is best friends w/ the full time supervisor. Just kinda wants to know the rules before she says anything if it come down to her needing to.
Do the sexual comment bother her? If not, tell her to talk to the friend/t supe asap and get this squashed. All that keeping this secret will do is create a hostile environment.

UPSER256

Do the sexual comment bother her? If not, tell her to talk to the friend/t supe asap and get this squashed. All that keeping this secret will do is create a hostile environment.

She doesnt know what the sexual comments are. She did talk to the supervisor about one person that was harassing her and he quit. She doesn't know what the other guys are saying about her though because they don't say it to her. It's more just guys talking together, "guy talk" I guess. She gets along w/ everyone very well. Really outgoing, sweet, hard-working, and respectful gal. I hate she is going through this because she can be way too nice and just doesnt want anyone to get hurt or fired. She won't let herself be fired tho, and will speak up if he tries to do anything stupid.

DS

Fenderbender
upser256 first of all thanks for joining the browncafe.
I may be wrong but this seems to be a classic case of
your friend actually being you.
Not that that changes anything advice wise.
I agree with most people in here,just have a chat with this guy and let him know that you
consider his texting you harassment,and he'd best just chill and leave you alone or he may
well get the sharp end of the stick instead of you.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
She doesnt know what the sexual comments are. She did talk to the supervisor about one person that was harassing her and he quit. She doesn't know what the other guys are saying about her though because they don't say it to her. It's more just guys talking together, "guy talk" I guess. She gets along w/ everyone very well. Really outgoing, sweet, hard-working, and respectful gal. I hate she is going through this because she can be way too nice and just doesnt want anyone to get hurt or fired. She won't let herself be fired tho, and will speak up if he tries to do anything stupid.
She needs to speak up right away, no delay. The supe won't get fired, but the issue will be settled. There might be some grimacing at first, but this is definitely the way to go.

BTW, don't discuss the texting, it's not necessary at this point. Just tell em that you feel a bit threatened and would like some peace.

UPSER256

Definitely appreciate all the help, Thanks so much!:) She really does not want to be moved from the area. She enjoys everyone she works with for the most part and the challenge she has in her area every day. Keeps her motivated and working hard. All in all I think she just wants to make sure that she isnt moved or fired.

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
I never heard of a part time sup having the ability or pull to move a full time driver. If there is an issue with the two people, the part time sup is the one that will get moved. They can put him anywhere they choose. There is no rule against a driver dating a management person, other than the rule of common sense.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I never heard of a part time sup having the ability or pull to move a full time driver. If there is an issue with the two people, the part time sup is the one that will get moved. They can put him anywhere they choose. There is no rule against a driver dating a management person, other than the rule of common sense.
That's why I'm saying that she should take him in the friend/T's office and settle this, or she'll feel like he has something over her all the time.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It doesn't sound to me like she is a driver. I am pretty sure she works in the hub.