Friday=bad drivers

DS

Fenderbender
Ever notice how people start driving stupid about 4pm friday?
who do you think are the worst?
chat?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our Friday PCMs always touch on this subject.

Who's the worst? I don't know if it's the teenager texting while driving or the grandmother driving with her dog on her lap. Just last month I pulled up to an intersection and the driver in the car next to me was playing a guitar while driving with his feet. He had a folk guitar and was using both hands to play while operating the steering wheel with his feet. Needless to say, that license plate was turned in to the police.

Actually, the worst (and I apologize, DS, but this is true) are the Canadians who come down for the weekend. I am certain that some of their indecision comes from not knowing the area but some of the behavior just cannot be explained and the examples are too numerous to list here.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Every day is the same; more drivers out here on Mondays , less by Friday, but always most have no idea of how to properly operate a motor vehicle.

In Mass. you only have to read the booklet " Rules of the Road" when you first apply for a license , & you are never tested on it again.
For license renewals all they want is an updated picture & to check your eyesight.

over9five

Staff member
You know what really gets me?

When someone passes me who has a book or newspaper open on their steering wheel! I mean, come on!

CFLBrown

Yes. Drivers suck on Fridays, even worse at 7pm when I'm still delivering and they are already on their way home from Happy Hour. Please cut more runs I love overtime.

Bad Gas!

I don't know if it's me or the other drivers but Friday is HORN day.I have to honk at so many num-skulls that it drives me crazy.Maybe I'm too old for this rat-race..

What'dyabringmetoday???

Worst I have seen is a UPS driver in Plattsburgh, N.Y. He was stopped taking his lunch at Dunkin' Donuts at the end of the day to help out. He wanted to know if anyone had access to internet so he could get on Brown Cafe and add several posts. Nobody could help him so he raced out of the parking lot to get back to the center as fast as possible. Everyone on the street cleared out of the way because they knew this person needed to log onto BC as soon as he could. Thankfully, nobody got hurt and several posts were responded to that day.:funny::happy-very:

edd_tv

Cardboard picker upper
i heard one time that between 3pm and 6pm on a friday afternoon you are statistically the most at risk for being in an accident.

SoyFish

I agree 100% with Upstates post about Canadian Drivers. Avoid Ontario license plates. And it's not just the weekends when they are coming down, they are always around lol

DeputyDip

Backwoods Hillbilly
You know what really gets me?

When someone passes me who has a book or newspaper open on their steering wheel! I mean, come on!
Yes! I thought I was the only one who has seen this. 75 MPH, left lane, 6 a.m. One had a the newspaper, the other had a Penthouse with the dome light on!!!

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Cops can be bad drivers too! In the city where I work the cops turn on their emergency lights so they don't have to wait for anything and turn it off when they get to the other side. I almost broadsided one last time...dummy!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Cops can be bad drivers too! In the city where I work the cops turn on their emergency lights so they don't have to wait for anything and turn it off when they get to the other side. I almost broadsided one last time...dummy!

Perhaps there was a sale at Dunkin Donuts.

Seriously, that is illegal and potentially dangerous.