Fuel rewards ?

BUCN85

So I'm sure a lot of us have fuel reward cards for BP or GetGo etc....now is there anything wrong with using these before we fuel to gain points? I have never done this but just thought about it today. Can we be disciplined if we do this?

UPS4Life

I have no idea what you're talking about just going to assume you fill up off site at one of these locations and you're a driver so let me ask you this. Is your 70k+ a year job worth "stealing" a few points for?

Personally I would see nothing wrong with it except you didn't earn them the company did but I'm sure they'll be the first to cut your arm off.

9.5er

One of our guys has a reward card. We were at the gas station at the same time once. I had to get the gas card from him and he handed me his reward card too. I swiped it and it said no rewards available.
I do not have a reward card of my own but I do not see a problem with using it.

Wizzy

No difference in that and sups that use hotel rewards for vacation. The whole Orien team would talk about there hotel rewards and using them for vacations and personal trips

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
There is no restriction on using a rewards card whether your filling your personal car or a package car. The rewards card does not look at what credit card is used and does not show on any credit card statement, it just looks at the number of gallons pumped.

bumped

I never had a rewards card, like a credit card. I have used punch cards throughout the years with car washes, pizza, and sports tickets.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
I used my reward card just today when I filled up the PC I was using. As others have said, it only counts the gallons used. I've been doing this for a few years.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I don't think anybody would bat an eye. It's not like you're stealing points from the company or anything. With my rewards card I automatically get 5 cents off too, they're not going to bat an eye if you're saving them cash on top of it.

Using rewards cards is common at all types of corporations. My parents go on a trip to Hawaii every couple of years on the points they've earned from work trips.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I don't think anybody would bat an eye. It's not like you're stealing points from the company or anything. With my rewards card I automatically get 5 cents off too, they're not going to bat an eye if you're saving them cash on top of it.

Using rewards cards is common at all types of corporations. My parents go on a trip to Hawaii every couple of years on the points they've earned from work trips.

Do they both use corporate credit cards while earning those points?

BUCN85

The problem is you are not paying for the gas.
Well as far as that goes I don't think the company your getting your gas from really cares who is paying for the gas. But just the fact that there is gas being paid for. And as far as our company goes I wouldn't think this would be an issue just because your not taking anything away from UPS. I still would be hesitant to do this just because you never know with UPS. But I was just wanting to offer different perspectives.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I assume you're talking about one of those cards you swipe before you pay, not a rewards credit card. I don't see why they would care (or how they would even know), especially when a lot of those cards discount a few cents per gallon when you use them.