Full Time

klein

Für Meno :)
Instantly here, but I'm not willing to drive that milage everyday to work.
Driving Directions :

Edmonton International Airport (YEG)
63.10 kilometres

Airport Rd, Edmonton, AB

46 mins / 63.10 kilometres (from my north side of the city), and that's a 1-way trip !

LTFedExer

You need to get lucky. We have 2 couriers that went FT in under 2 years. BUT, 1 became a District swing, perfect for the single person (if I were single, I would have taken it) and the other became a regular swing . I asked the second guy to think about what he were doing and wonder why nobody with more seniority took that position. He knows now what I was saying. They'll never get the 'primo' routes.

klein

Für Meno :)
Speaking of this subject, any Edmonton fedex express workers on here? I have someone that is in need of a ride share, he's willing to pay atleast $200 mth and lives in the southside. (99 Street, just off whyte)

northeast swing driver

why would you ask?

sounds like you are under the impression going FT is some great thing

if you are interested in a job to nowhere then good luck

if you are looking for anything close to a career get out right away

Billy_Baconhead

Best chance is full-time swing. I don't see a good outlook for full-time positions at fedex express. If you seek full-time head over to a ground contractor. You can make $14.00hr with no benefits. Plus I hear you can wear cut off jean shorts out on road! True story!

SmithBarney

depends on where you are(as noted above) I was PT for 3 weeks, then upgraded. Transfered into a PT station was upgraded again in 1 month. Now PT again, and stuck for almost 2 years...(transfers were emergencies, otherwise I would have kept FT)

HuckToohey

You are entering a world of pain.
Don't go full time. It was a good deal 20 years ago, now it's not. USE FedEx college reimbursement program to get a real job with a real future. FT courier at FedEx is immensely unrewarding.