G&A ERI

2029guy

This proposal was just something that I thought up while I was reading this thread. It seems like no one else is even making any sugestions as to how we could improve our situation. Everyone is just complaining and not making any sugestions.

For the people who think my proposal is stupid do you also think that there is nothing that can be done to reduce the amount of these recovery operations? So the system is perfect just as it is and nothing could have been done to prevent this correct?

2029guy---I don't disagree with all you are saying---and you sound like a decent guy yourself ---

---however, do not think that because the PM likes sports (and you perceive him to be a nice guy) that he will entertain your proposal---what does one have to do with the other??---

to use a sports analogy, probably the only way he would even listen to such a proposal is if his favorite ballplayer would be the one to approach him about it---and if you know who that player is, you know that ain't ever happening :angel:

---and I watched the entire game so I am fully aware the Giants are going to the Super Bowl---

GO GIANTS --- !!!!! :thumbup:

B

brownISer

People who have tried to improve the process by making suggestions and doing things a bit differently are either no longer with the company, or have been moved to another portfolio. They've tried, and failed, and have gotten beaten up in the process. And that's probably why they come here to vent.

rups

2029guy - I agree that your proposal is a good idea but I can also agree with brownISer is that the boss probably wouldn't take to it well.

My suggestion:
Allow a project team to share in the cost savings realized by the project.

For example:
If the estimated benefits for a project during PPOC to the company are $10,000 and the actual project savings are $15,000, take a pecentage (maybe 25%) of the additional $5,000 and spread that back to project team members in the form of a bonus.

Quality would improve instantly although there are definte pros and cons to something like this.

B

BRUCE JUICE

My suggestion:

Quality would improve instantly although there are definte pros and cons to something like this.

Sir, At UPS you are very misstaken. The clasic project measurements are quatlity, quantity, cost and time.
None of which matter at UPS I.S. EGO is all there is and all there ever will be. Look at the managers. Look at their egos. Get my drift.

Also, project teams are frowned upon unless put together by a manager as a scapegoat. "I will not support them or give them automity, but if they somehow succeed, ain't I wonderful. If they fail, I told you so."

Baby this company rips the bones from your back
It's a death trap, it's a suicide rap
Betta get out while we're young
'Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run

The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive
(all the unappreciated who lie in unvisited graves, Dawn, Mark, Gina, etc.)

I don't know when
we're gonna get to that place
Where we really want to go
and we'll walk in the sun
But till then tramps like us
baby we were born to run

I.S.It's a death trap, it's a suicide rap
We gotta get out while we're young
'Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run

R

ramsey500

hey---did ya happen to catch Saturday's Dilbert?...the thorny one's idea of the perfect employee---!!!
dilbert.jpg

R

ramsey500

hey UPSOVERSIZE - why do u say that? At least I have a real handle.

and 500donkey, to paraphrase a famous quote, " I know (of) brown4life15 and I am not him"...and who the heck is HM anyway? How bout a hint? Howie Mandel maybe?

and what kinda english are ya speakin' anyway? -- maybe it's you just you just changed your name.

hey UPSOVERSIZE - why do u say that? At least I have a real handle.

and 500donkey, to paraphrase a famous quote, " I know (of) brown4life15 and I am not him"...and who the heck is HM anyway? How bout a hint? Howie Mandel maybe?

and what kinda english are ya speakin' anyway? -- maybe it's you just you just changed your name.

Funny post, Ramsey. First you write "why do u say that?" "u" not y-o-u. I thought that "u" was only done by policewomen posing as underaged teenagers on MSNBC but I could wrong. You may actually mean u. Then you write "How bout a hint?". B-o-u-t as in Iron Mike or "bout" as in "about". But the topper is when your rite, write, right, other left ... "and what kinda english are ya speakin' anyway?"
Ich vais nit! Hak mir nisht ken tshaynik Gai avek.

ImpactedTSG

Funny post, Ramsey. First you write "why do u say that?" "u" not y-o-u. I thought that "u" was only done by policewomen posing as underaged teenagers on MSNBC but I could wrong. You may actually mean u. Then you write "How bout a hint?". B-o-u-t as in Iron Mike or "bout" as in "about". But the topper is when your rite, write, right, other left ... "and what kinda english are ya speakin' anyway?"
Ich vais nit! Hak mir nisht ken tshaynik Gai avek.
Picking on people's internet abbreviations is so third grade. If only everyone were as smart as you, we would all have perfect posts. Everyone knows u means you, and to not start a sentence with a conjunction such as and or but. Oh wait, maybe not everyone was present for that lesson.

"But the topper is when your rite, write, right, other left ... "and what kinda english are ya speakin' anyway?"

At least you capitalized but when you started the sentence with it.

R

ramsey500

hilarious---thanks for the translation... however, A “tshaynik” is a teakettle. “Hak,” or “huk,” comes from a verb meaning “to knock.” What's the connection? Imagine a boiling teakettle. The more it boils, the emptier it gets, and the louder and more annoyingly the lid bangs. The very popular phrase “Hak mir nisht ken tshaynik” literally means “Don't knock me a teakettle.”

Figuratively, it means “you don't have to shut up completely, but I'd really appreciate it if you'd stop rattling on about the same damned thing all the time.

and Ich vais nit is I don't know and Gai avek is go away

so put it all together and you have: I don't know why those loud mouth managers won't go away.

and AmYisroelChai I just figured out who you are !! you are a policewoman posing as an underage programmer...!!!!

"am I rite, write, right, other left" ???

Last edited by a moderator:
B

brown4life17

hilarious---thanks for the translation... however, A “tshaynik” is a teakettle. “Hak,” or “huk,” comes from a verb meaning “to knock.” What's the connection? Imagine a boiling teakettle. The more it boils, the emptier it gets, and the louder and more annoyingly the lid bangs. The very popular phrase “Hak mir nisht ken tshaynik” literally means “Don't knock me a teakettle.”

Figuratively, it means “you don't have to shut up completely, but I'd really appreciate it if you'd stop rattling on about the same damned thing all the time.

and Ich vais nit is I don't know and Gai avek is go away

so put it all together and you have: I don't know why those loud mouth managers won't go away.

and AmYisroelChai I just figured out who you are !! you are a policewoman posing as an underage programmer...!!!!

"am I rite, write, right, other left" ???
and i know who you are *** ******

2029guy

This also seems like a good idea although a bit more complicated.

I just want to feel like my time is actually worth something to management. There are always decisions that are made at higher levels that have impacts at lower levels. I understand that and like to consider myself a team player so I will do what needs to be done to get the job done. However if I was a driver I would be getting time and a half for their poor management decisions. They just don't seem to care and why should they there is no penalty for poor project management. If there was some penalty in time off or a bonus it would make a big difference.

2029guy - I agree that your proposal is a good idea but I can also agree with brownISer is that the boss probably wouldn't take to it well.

My suggestion:

For example:
If the estimated benefits for a project during PPOC to the company are $10,000 and the actual project savings are $15,000, take a pecentage (maybe 25%) of the additional $5,000 and spread that back to project team members in the form of a bonus.

B

brownISer

your only chance is to hit him up after the GIANTS win the Super Bowl - start by chatting about the game and then mention overtime for management -
his expression will change from :foamfinger: to :grrr: in a matter of nano-seconds, and you will be best served to exit his office promptly !

GO GIANTS
:woohoo:

R

ramsey500

brown4life17: c'mon- ya gotta give me more to go on than

and i know who you are *** ******

R

ramsey500

hey scratch---lighten up----there are plenty of abbreviated names throughout this thread---have you seen? Or are ya new to this thread?

And it would be MY name being posted anyway, no? So what do u consider a full name then? Is DON a full name? Are initials full names?

I just thought if the poster really knew who I was, I would have gotten a better hint than a bunch of ********.

Have you seen some of the initials sprinkled throughout this thread? KES, KJR, NG, LAP, DJS? Do you consider those names? Posting those initials are just like posting full names.

If you are new as a moderator to this thread you should simply delete the whole thread rather than apply your own set of values at this late stage in the game.