Getting my break is like pulling teeth.

quad decade guy

Whats your local or state? Every place has different language for breaks.

Like most have said. I'd call say I have to pee and then leave. I wouldn't turn off the belt personally but just leave. After that it's someone else's problem.
Very good advice. I'm not sure who has authorization to shut off a belt unless an emergency or other foul up.

I wouldn't "just leave" though.

I think a grievance would solve this. Seems to be a safety concern too. Put it in the book. On record.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Safety is always the concern of the person downstream. Don't let them brainwash you into thinking you are responsible for other people's safety. I don't care. Period. About A N Y T H I N G that happens in the building. The shutoff button is yours you might as well take it home with you.

This is the problem with high turnover. I've seen days so much worse than what a belt shutoff can do. It's nothing. They had to pay people more. Who cares.

Last edited:

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Very good advice. I'm not sure who has authorization to shut off a belt unless an emergency or other foul up.

I wouldn't "just leave" though.

I think a grievance would solve this. Seems to be a safety concern too. Put it in the book. On record.
No, you’d probably wet your pants. For safety sake.

trickpony1

No, you’d probably wet your pants. For safety sake.
Actually, this may not be such a bad idea as it makes a statement and establishes a precedent.
If, after a few episodes of this, it is recorded as the OP's only option then a lawsuit could be next.

I would tell the story of a girl, in a larger hub, far, far away but use your imagination.

Litigiously helping.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Actually, this may not be such a bad idea as it makes a statement and establishes a precedent.
If, after a few episodes of this, it is recorded as the OP's only option then a lawsuit could be next.

I would tell the story of a girl, in a larger hub, far, far away but use your imagination.

Litigiously helping.
Lmao!

Superteeth2478

I had a similar situation once as far as needing to pee as a pick-off. I kindly asked my supervisor to relieve me while I took a piss but he completely ignored me after I asked several times. None of the loaders knew how to pick so after being ignored like 3 times in the span of a minute I just said "whatever, not my problem", shut the belt off, and went to take a leak. Got back and my full-time supervisor was wanting to give me discipline for job abandonment. I can't remember if I went off on him or laughed at him that time, but I knew the discipline wasn't going anywhere since I tried to get someone to relieve me.

To the OP, since you have a radio just radio them telling them you need to pee. I'd personally record myself doing that as well. If they don't find someone to relieve you in whatever YOU determine is a reasonable amount of time then tell them to bite it and go take a leak.

AKCoverMan

Doesn't mean you can just up and leave in the middle of the sort.
i mean are you only allowed to pee on break? I pretty sure I pee and poop on the clock every day, doubt they can make you hold it.

Kinda weird, but my body seems to know when I am back in building.. if I need to drop serious anchor on route I need to break route often ten minutes or more to get to a throne. But it never happens… until I park in building at end of night.. and then it’s Time To Go Right Now!! 😂

i gotta admit it is a very satisfying few minutes relieving myself at $1 (or $2 if its 9.5 time) dropping a 💩

AKCoverMan

I mean it is extreme but if not relieved I suppose you count just have an “accident” then have to go home early to change clothes.,, then file art. 37 for being humiliated by being required to hold it till you wet yourself. Good BA might get some art. 37 triple pay money.

But I think after calling for relief my next radio call would be, “Ok Im leaving to pee now, be right back.” Cant fire you for peeing.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Tell’em you got to take a piss if they don’t show up in a reasonable amount of time go piss i
If they really need that spot manned at all times it will only happen once. If they don’t who gives a :censored2:
So pathetic that we’re talking about not being able to take a bathroom break in 2022… I’ve never had an issue or been called out ever for using the bathroom…not in the hub, pkg driving or feeder. Really surprised that this keeps on being brought up. Op… you notify mgt through the radio that you have to relieve yourself… if they don’t send someone to cover you then you leave and go to the bathroom…don’t fart around…go there and get back… end of story. Nothing they can do.

So pathetic that we’re talking about not being able to take a bathroom break in 2022… I’ve never had an issue or been called out ever for using the bathroom…not in the hub, pkg driving or feeder. Really surprised that this keeps on being brought up. Op… you notify mgt through the radio that you have to relieve yourself… if they don’t send someone to cover you then you leave and go to the bathroom…don’t fart around…go there and get back… end of story. Nothing they can do.
If they send a PT sup to cover for you, can you file for supervisors working?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I mean it is extreme but if not relieved I suppose you count just have an “accident” then have to go home early to change clothes.,, then file art. 37 for being humiliated by being required to hold it till you wet yourself. Good BA might get some art. 37 triple pay money.

But I think after calling for relief my next radio call would be, “Ok Im leaving to pee now, be right back.” Cant fire you for peeing.
Nobody should be peeing on the floor just to prove a point…

Coldworld

60 months and counting
If they send a PT sup to cover for you, can you file for supervisors working?
Personally if they send a sup to cover the job for 10 minutes I wouldn’t make a big deal about it… if a sup jumps into a trailer for 2 hours to load them that’s another story…just my opinion… but nobody should be peeing on the ground.. even to prove a point..it’s stupid and uncalled for.