Getting to know you.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I follow all sports and root for all Arizona teams except Univ of Az. .

Tim, i am with you on cheering for Arizona teams. I am a Sundevils fan myself, but unfortunately they can't play basketball for :censored2:. How can you not cheer for hte Wildcats come hoops season.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Toonertoo, or June
Live in NE Ohio.
Married in 2002, (I think), to my childhood sweetheart, after 22 wonderful yrs of singlehood.
Started at UPS in 1984, when I was a 26 yr old college student. Was making 3 bucks an hour and got hired as a clerk for 8, woohoo. I thought I had died and gone to heaven.
Clerk, preload, reload, car wash, porter. Promoted to preload sup in 1986 til 1992. Moved to a new center and have been a driver since then.
2 wonderful sons,35 and 31, who were both smart enough to go to college, (and paid their own way) and have great jobs and lives because of it, and are way ahead of where I was at that age. And five healthy beautiful grandchildren who are the greatest reward of parenthood.
I enjoy treasure hunting, flea markets, auto racing , all forms. Gardening landscaping, and just spending time with my husband, and family when I can. I enjoy watching birds of prey, my favorite part of traveling in wintertime is that you can see hawks, eagles, falcons, owls much easier in the winter.
I also enjoy helping people in any way I can, as we all have ways to help, and sometimes we are not even aware of them.
I have two dogs, a black doberman tikibelle, and a white doberman, bluebelle, who is a total nightmare, but getting better day by day.
And I so totally enjoy this site, as it keeps me connected to friends, even when my days are way too full already.
Happy New Year to all.

Tim.

Package Placement Expert
Mr. Cement, are you from Az? I could never root for U of A, in any sport. I never actually attended ASU, but if you count the number of football and baseball games I attended, I would be given a honorary diploma. ASU basketball is currently 10-1 and ranked 17th. This may be the only year ASU has a better season than U of A. ASU got some good recriuts this last year. But basketball is the only sport I dont watch or follow. The football team under achieved this year, very disappointed. Im sure Erickson will turn it around. Cant wait to see what Jack Elway does in 2 years. But baseball is where ASU kicks @ss. Year after year, ASU is one of the best programs out there. Wrestling too. But more importantly, ASU ranks high on the "party school" list and in Playboys Girls of the Pac-10....SO IM TOLD.

Cementups

Box Monkey
No, I am from PA but I really wanted to go to ASU after high school and possibly play football. I would have played with Jake the Snake if I did, but I stayed here for a girl, and not the one I'm married to. Things happen for a reason and my wife is a pretty good reason.

ASU's basketball program usually starts off strong and then trips on their ####'s half way thru the season. I used to get excited about their start and then every year would get dissappointed by Febuary. 10-1 is a good start indeed but I refuse to get my hopes up. Go SunDevils!!!! :(

And btw, ASU does have THE most beautiful girls in the world that I have ever seen. In person and on the pages given to us by Hugh.

Name: Heather
Start Date: July 8, 2002
Sex: Female.
Married: Not, no kids.
UPS position: Preloader, hazmat responder, air driver.
Hobbies: I love to read, I read a couple books a week. I also enjoy photography, I take pictures of everything.
BC member since: I've only been here a couple months.

A few pics of where I deliver (on Saturdays):

whereami.jpg

whereami2.jpg

whereami3.jpg

ladybrown

Name: Mom, wifey
Start date: 2001
Sex: Female Age: 38
Located in Oregon
Married to a wonderful man and have 3 wild boys, ages 13, 10, and almost 5
UPS position, Preload 2001-2005 Package car Driver 2005 to present
Hobbies: Camping, riding four wheelers with my guys, and softball

sdf6hr2

name: Drew
yrs.@ ups: 14 yrs. current; worked as driver helper during X-mas while in college going back to late '80s
on B/C since sept. '07, never really posted much until recently tho.
married, 3 kids (13, 9, 7)
live in new albany IN, work in louisville @ worldport (sdf)
worked as: loader (4 yrs.); trainer [(3 yrs.) was chsp co-chair also for two of these]; ramp 7(yrs.)
hobbies: see "married, 3 kids " above

i would just like to say that is interesting to hear the trials and tribs. of you guys out there doing the work. it helps me appreciate my "inside" job with no dogs, customers, idiot c/m's, production quoats, gps tracking, the list can go on and on. i don't think most of who i work with realize how good we (@ sdf) have it. anyway, thanks for all you guys do, without the standard you guys set, there would not be work for me.

Last edited:

Highwayman

Live in northeast PA
Age 52 Male
Feeder Driver 20 yrs
Married 23yrs, w/children daughter 22 married, son 18 home
like to bowl,racing fan,read books.
:happy2: