Good bye to the Friday after Thanksgiving

I have to address the B-day day off. A birthday is meaningless for anyone over the age of 12-15. Every single person has a birthday. The likes of Jeffrey Dahmer and Charles Manson all have birthdays. Adam Carolla has hit the nail on the head. We should have an achievement day. A day where you made a big achievement. It would change as you get older if you had bigger achievements. Birthday is just a day your mom squeezed all of us out.

Hoffa has a new achievement day. The day he screwed a good percentage of the union members by forcing a contract.
I take the whole week off for my birthday! This job has a way of ruining the holidays, Now they added Thanksgiving to the list!

You can take away my turkey....But not my birthday!

JL 0513

They talked about this at this morning's PCM. However, it is not a "regular" work day. That would suggest straight time. It will be at least double time they told us.

And they won't be running every driver. But if you're in the bottom 2/3 seniority, you can probably expect to work.

The strong union guys went up in arms this morning. Quite a show. They correctly pointed out that we gave up Veterans Day in order to have Black Friday as a holiday.

rlbryce36

There is no way the company can just change our holidays. It's in black and white. Would have to be voted on.
We just had the PCM this morning every one working the day after. from now on... still a holiday will get paid holiday pay plus the days work.. plus over time. be prepared to work. Management doesn't care about you or your family, or health for that matter you are only a Number.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
We just had the PCM this morning every one working the day after. from now on... still a holiday will get paid holiday pay plus the days work.. plus over time. be prepared to work. Management doesn't care about you or your family, or health for that matter you are only a Number.

Blame yourself if you shop on line....
If we will not do it someone else will, how many Amazon trucks do you think will be running around by November??

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Almost got it right. You will be paid holiday pay plus whatever your supplement says you get paid for working said holiday. (Time and half or double) you will not get OT.

Blame yourself if you shop on line....
If we will not do it someone else will, how many Amazon trucks do you think will be running around by November??
Its all UPS fault. They are no longer the pioneer. They wait to see what the competition does, then they jump on the band wagon!

Who needs their package the next day? Who needs a package on Saturday? Who needs an early a.m.?

rlbryce36

It was changed, it's a working day now.
it's still a holiday but you will be working. The managers say they have added all this new equipment . but the IE people still cant send the right data to the buildings making it to hard for the on car sups to figure out what to do. They need to fire some of them and hire new drivers .. Expect the unexpected is what they say we'll I told them before they screwed them selves last year. And now we still dont have the drivers needed.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Locals 177 and 804 have supplements that insure union employees cannot be forced to work on the day after Thanksgiving.

710 steward

Do you honestly think working this one day will make much of a difference?

Brown

This one day? No, it won't make any difference. My fear is eventually companies like Amazon will push for Christmas delivery and trucks will be on the street Christmas morning. I could be way off base and hope I am but we are in the Christmas business.

Last edited:

Ron Carey lives on

The bottom line is the IBT does what Ups says to do. They 've extended peak. They have weakened all kinds of language with company loopholes. UPS owns the IBT, literally. Hoffa senior and Ron Carey are spinning in there graves. What the hell happened to this union. I can tell you what im going to do, is take my retro check to travel to rank and file reform meetings. Mobilize, organize, fight along side with anybody willing to take back this union

Sent using BrownCafe App