Good bye to the Friday after Thanksgiving

'Lord Brown's bidding'

What happenes if someone with more seniority comes along two weeks before sead day and wants it?

In many locals, by the contract seniority can legitimately only be used for who works, although they'll often informally use seniority in determining days off. In any case, if his local is one of those locals, it wouldn't affect seand, because he cannot be bumped. And if it is a vacation day, those should have been picked, and no one, no matter their seniority, should be able to bump someone after they both have already picked vacations.

Ron Carey lives on

Reality check guys, the fri after Thanksgiving is a scheduled work day for part time air drivers. If they decide to run a full day (grounds) any ground delivered by a air driver, he will recieve topped out driver pay. Full time package car will be forced from the bottom up, paid at double time, plus holiday pay. If the sort for the day is understaffed, the company will pay the same for bid drivers. As much I disagree with this contract, this has been happening for years

Sent using BrownCafe App

jaker

trolling
Wow some of you guys are some greedy people , you couldn't pay enough to step away from my family

All this was a big fu letting you know that ups does not care about its workers or their families

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Anot

Wow some of you guys are some greedy people , you couldn't pay enough to step away from my family

All this was a big fu letting you know that ups does not care about its workers or their families

I always take the day off. Now I might have to work. Yawn.

UPSGUY72

What if the union got everyone to work that day? They would have to lay off the bottom and give them other work. Problem is, they might not be running the hub.

I can see it now they lay off a lot of bottom drivers than a lot of the top driver decide to call in.

What ever they do unless they hire more drivers and have a limit on the number of packages they will accept the last 3 days before x-mass things will repeat themselves.

Sir, you are forgetting the true meaning of Thanksgiving.

Instead of our own needs we should give thanks by thinking of others in need and the joy we will bring to their lives as we deliver that rush order from Amazon.

UPSGUY72

IF you read the post the time frame it's give to implement this is "As soon as possible".

This would be a change to the contract they can't change the contract because they want to. As soon as possible could be Dec 2018.

I have to address the B-day day off. A birthday is meaningless for anyone over the age of 12-15. Every single person has a birthday. The likes of Jeffrey Dahmer and Charles Manson all have birthdays. Adam Carolla has hit the nail on the head. We should have an achievement day. A day where you made a big achievement. It would change as you get older if you had bigger achievements. Birthday is just a day your mom squeezed all of us out.

Hoffa has a new achievement day. The day he screwed a good percentage of the union members by forcing a contract.

Nimnim

The Nim
I just feel bad for those people who use this 4 day weekend to see their families for the holidays since Christmas and New years aren't as guaranteed to be long enough time off for travel. I'm fortunate enough I'm close enough to family I can work Wednesday night(midnight shift) and spend the whole day with them on Thanksgiving and still be able to work Friday, but there's quite a lot of us who can't.

Edit: I don't like the thought of working the day after Thanksgiving either, it's a nice extended weekend to rest up for peak when even taking a day off completely bedridden gets you hell because it's peak.

I just feel bad for those people who use this 4 day weekend to see their families for the holidays since Christmas and New years aren't as guaranteed to be long enough time off for travel. I'm fortunate enough I'm close enough to family I can work Wednesday night(midnight shift) and spend the whole day with them on Thanksgiving and still be able to work Friday, but there's quite a lot of us who can't.

Edit: I don't like the thought of working the day after Thanksgiving either, it's a nice extended weekend to rest up for peak when even taking a day off completely bedridden gets you hell because it's peak.

I'm sure it's Avery safe bet our immediate management teams are none too happy about this announcement either.

And I bet the decision makers won't be clocking in.