Good Quotes

moreluck

golden ticket member
"Living in freedom and defending freedom are two sides of one and the same coin." ~Angela Merkel~

"It doesn't interest me what you do for a living. I want to know what you ache for." ~Oriah Mountain Dreamer~

"Cynicism masquerades as wisdom, but it is the farthest thing from it." ~Stephen Colbert~

"There is no terror in the bang, only the anticipation of it." ~Alfred Hitchcock~

moreluck

golden ticket member
"Tall people cannot count on short people to look out for things tall people might bump their heads on. You have to take care of that yourself." ~Garrison Keillor~

moreluck

golden ticket member
"Never marry someone who lacks a good sense of humor. She will need it. It is a challenge to live intimately with your best informed critic." ~Garrison Keillor~

moreluck

golden ticket member
"Don't beat up on yourself. Endless contrition is a pain. Make your apology, repair the damage, hold your head up, and march on." ~Garrison Keillor~

moreluck

golden ticket member
"Most tragedy is misunderstood comedy. God is a great humorist working with a rather glum audience. Lighten up. Whatever you must do, do it gladly. As you get older, you'll learn how to fake this."
~Garrison Keillor~

moreluck

golden ticket member
"Don't tell your kids you had an easy birth or they won't respect you. For years I used to wake up my daughter and say, 'Melissa, you ripped me to shreds. Now go back to sleep.' ~Joan Rivers~

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1411569330.868247.jpg

These are MY opinions. Others are available.

moreluck

golden ticket member
"Your friends are very fond of you, but there are limits. Sadness is tedious. When discussing your troubles, be concise. Five minutes and then change the subject." ~Garrison Keillor~

moreluck

golden ticket member
You don't become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process. ~Randall Munroe~

moreluck

golden ticket member
"It's not up to the person who creates something to say that they are an artist. How arrogant is that ? It's up to the people who see what you do to say you're an artist" ~Gene Simmons~

moreluck

golden ticket member
"Having a baby is like getting a tattoo on your face. You really need to be certain it's what you want before you commit."
~Elizabeth Gilbert~

"Saying a subject is too awful or painful to joke about is like saying a disease is too awful to be treated." ~Louis C.K.~

"Decide whether or not the goal is worth the risks involved. If it is, stop worrying." ~Amelia Earhart~

moreluck

golden ticket member
I would gladly trade in my "Caller I.D." for a "Caller I.Q."

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Dig where the gold is, unless you need the exercise.

For more peace and quiet, how about a phoneless cord?

Can vegetarians eat animal crackers?

A shut mouth gathers no foot.

Suicide is the sincerest form of self-criticism.

moreluck

golden ticket member
"The closed fist receives nothing." ~Michele Oka Doner~

"Being realistic is the most commonly traveled road to mediocrity." ~Will Smith~

"I have always had a half-baked philosophy that having a plan 'B' can muddy up your plan 'A' ." ~Charlie Day~