Good Quotes

moreluck

golden ticket member
eedb9aa65f5931178a9cae46d662f7ed.jpg

!

moreluck

golden ticket member
"Work is the greatest thing in the world, so we should always save some of it for tomorrow." ~Don Herold~

"Forests are the lungs of our land." ~friend.D.R.~

"The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else's highlight reel. ~Pastor Steven Furtick~

"I think the most un-American thing you can say is "you can't say that." ~Garrison Keillor~

moreluck

golden ticket member
An economist is a person who states the obvious in terms of the incomprehensible.

Don't try to make children grow up to be like you. They may do it.

An atheist is a person with no invisible means of support.

The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears this is true.

It's not an optical illusion. It just looks like one.

I have not yet begun to procrastinate.

Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof.

Time is a great teacher. Unfortunately, it kills all its pupils.

moreluck

golden ticket member
My heroes are Larry Bird, Admiral Byrd, Lady Bird, Cheryl Crow and anyone who reads to you even if she's tired.
~Big Bird~

A mirror becomes a razor when it is broken. A stick becomes a flute when it's loved. ~Yoko Ono~

When the winds of change blow, some people build walls and others build windmills. Chinese proverb.

moreluck

golden ticket member
How comedian Steven Wright spent is birthday......

I went to a drive-in in a taxicab. The movie cost me $95.

I went to a museum where everything had been done by children. They had all the paintings up on refrigerators.

I went fishing wih Salvador Dali. He was using a dotted line. He caught every other fish.

I installed a skylight in my apartment. The people who live above me are furious.

~Steven Wright~

moreluck

golden ticket member
Would a fly without wings be called a walk?

To vacillate or not to vacillate - that is the question... or is it?

Just when you think you've won the rat race along come faster rats.

How does the snowplow driver get to work on a snowy day?

If you strap a slice of buttered bread (butter side up) to the back of a cat and drop the cat from a ladder, what would happen?

If at first you do succeed, try not to look too surprised.

If today is the first day of the rest of your life, what was yesterday?

How do they know each snowflake is different, not just reincarnated each winter?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Laughing at our mistakes can lengthen our own life. Laughing at someone else's can shorten it.
-- Cullen Hightower--

Ahhh. A man with a sharp wit. Someone ought to take it away from him before he cuts himself.
~ Peter da Silva~

Another flaw in the human character is that everybody wants to build and nobody wants to do maintenance.
~ Kurt Vonnegut ~

moreluck

golden ticket member
Basil Carpenter .....Thank God every day when you get up that you have something to do that day which must be done whether you like it or not. Being forced to work and forced to do your best will breed in you temperance and self-control, diligence and strength of will, cheerfulness and content, and a hundred virtues which the idle will never know.

moreluck

golden ticket member
The Pilgrims made seven times more graves than huts. No Americans have been more impoverished than these who, nevertheless, set aside a day of thanksgiving. ~H.U. Westermayer

If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, "thank you," that would suffice. ~Meister Eckhart

Thanksgiving Day is a jewel, to set in the hearts of honest men; but be careful that you do not take the day, and leave out the gratitude. ~E.P. Powell

moreluck

golden ticket member
Earth without art is just "eh".

All of the good chemistry jokes Argon.

Another day with no plans to use calculus.

I dream of a society where a chicken can cross the road without its motives questioned.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Consider this diem carped.

We can't all be queen. Someone needs to applaud as I pass by.

I love ketchup from my head tomatoes.

If things get any worse I'll have to ask you to stop helping.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Friends are God’s apology for relatives.
– Hugh Kingsmill

A friend is one who knows us, but loves us anyway.
– Fr. Jerome Cummings

A true friend is one who overlooks your failures and tolerates your success!
– Doug Larson

moreluck

golden ticket member
Love may be blind but marriage is a real eye-opener.

Shopping is better than sex. At least if you're not satisfied, you can exchange it for something you really like.

An archeologist is the best husband any woman can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her.

Women marry men hoping they will change.Men marry women hoping they will not.So each is inevitably disappointed.

Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.