green check question

Supermouse911

I was sent to the hub to work for a week until I start my 30 working days for package car driving. Well payday came and I didn't receive my check for the week I worked in the hub. My supervisor told me that Friday afternoon around 12:40 that I would receive a green check because for some reason my hours weren't put in the payroll database. Its now noon on Saturday and I still don't have my green check. I was told it would be next day aired to me. Does anyone have an answer to this issue.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Over the years, I've heard that promise before about "green check" and "next day air" and I have never had them come thru as promised. They absolutely hate to issue green checks. It costs them extra time and money. They would much rather just let it ride until you get your next check and just add it on then. In theory, it looks like they are trying to follow the contract about paying you in full on a timely basis for time worked. In reality, they have no intention of doing as they say. They play the "blame game". "Must have been payroll's fault!". "must not have made it by cutoff time." You know how you can tell when management is lying to you? When their lips are moving.

OPTION3

I was sent to the hub to work for a week until I start my 30 working days for package car driving. Well payday came and I didn't receive my check for the week I worked in the hub. My supervisor told me that Friday afternoon around 12:40 that I would receive a green check because for some reason my hours weren't put in the payroll database. Its now noon on Saturday and I still don't have my green check. I was told it would be next day aired to me. Does anyone have an answer to this issue.
Check your contract....If they do not overnight it to you( The shortage must be over a certain amount..depending on local agreements) they owe you penalty pay for each week it is not corrected. Put in your grievance that you wish to be made WHOLE in every aspect......and that the problem is ONGOING

T

Turdferguson

Check your contract....If they do not overnight it to you( The shortage must be over a certain amount..depending on local agreements) they owe you penalty pay for each week it is not corrected. Put in your grievance that you wish to be made WHOLE in every aspect......and that the problem is ONGOING
While he has the" RIGHT" to file a grievance I would not at this time seeing as how he has not even started his 30 days for FT driving. You dont want them seeing you as someone who will file on them until after you gain senority. You have every right to file and get mad about this ,but don't. They can DQ you for anything until you get your 30 in. Just remember this and use it to remind yourself that they are not your buddy or pal. You are just a number and a peice of equipment to them. But good luck on getting your 30 in and be safe. Most people it takes years to see how they lie and screw you over at their whim , you have gotten that lesson early.

Sent using BrownCafe App

OPTION3

While he has the" RIGHT" to file a grievance I would not at this time seeing as how he has not even started his 30 days for FT driving. You dont want them seeing you as someone who will file on them until after you gain senority. You have every right to file and get mad about this ,but don't. They can DQ you for anything until you get your 30 in. Just remember this and use it to remind yourself that they are not your buddy or pal. You are just a number and a peice of equipment to them. But good luck on getting your 30 in and be safe. Most people it takes years to see how they lie and screw you over at their whim , you have gotten that lesson early.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Pay grievances have NO time limit

T

Turdferguson

Pay grievances have NO time limit
That is good to know , but he has to put it in writing does he not? And I believe if after that written record is established then the penalty pay phase would apply.

OPTION3

That is good to know , but he has to put it in writing does he not? And I believe if after that written record is established then the penalty pay phase would apply.
no on putting in in writing....just tell a member of management...If the amount meets the conditions..it MUST be overnighted...The penalty phase starts from the moment you file in writing...In My building they are so bad....the company pays the shortage by overnight right away.......They don’t want 4hours of overtime penalty for each week its late--:)