Grievance Response Time

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by Pre-Load Mule, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Pre-Load Mule

Pre-Load Mule New Member

How long does management have to respond to grievances? I've tried looking in the contract but can not find any type of language that's states they have X amount of time to respond.

2. Mst3k

Mst3k Member

They don't have to respond. It's the unions job to take them to panel. And that could take bit.

3. I know grievance are covered under Article 8. Not sure if it's addressed in the Master or local supplement. Off the top of my head, 10 days rings a bell.

4. Inthegame

Inthegame Well-Known Member

Of course the company has to respond. How else would the union know to take a case to a panel?

5. Inthegame

Inthegame Well-Known Member

Grievance procedures are in your supplement or rider.

6. Pre-Load Mule

Pre-Load Mule New Member

I'm just gonna write on every grievance from here on out that all previous grievances be evaluated

7. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

10 days.

8. That's what you do. They to hold off as long as possible so they can play let's make a deal.

9. 3 done 3 to go

3 done 3 to go In control of my own destiny

Another deal that usually benefits UPS.

10. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

Penalty pay for over 9.5 grievances takes forever in my local. That crap gets old.

11. Tired Driver

Tired Driver Sisyphus had it easy.

I have been waiting for over 6 weeks on my supervisors working grievances.

12. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

A little bird told me our building will be paying out close to 200k in greivance money that has stacked up since March that the company kept putting off addressing.

13. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

That's incorrect. The employee has 10 days to file for discipline and 5 days for anything else. In terms of hearing grievances, there is no time frame written down.

14. Coldworld

Coldworld Well-Known Member

There's no set time limit???