guns

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I think it's great people like to hunt and target shoot, I just don't enjoy it.
The only reason I own a gun is to kill. Hopefully I'll never have to.
Take a self defense class, buy a german shepard, get an alarm system, move to a nice upscale neighborhood, plan your future better, dont live in dangerous areas and stay away from criminals.

You want security?

Plan your lives better.
Plan my life better? Why do you hate poor people? Lots of poor people DO live in justifiable fear because they're not safe in their own neighborhoods. Banning guns won't change that.

I live in the hood because it's what I can afford. I've got good lighting, good locks, three 80+ pound dogs, IP cameras I can check from my phone, an alarm system, and most importantly a few good neighbors.

However, at the end of the day, the average police response time in my city is 17 minutes. Those 17 minutes are all on me, and I'm gonna protect my family in the most effective way possible. I don't collect guns, I don't hunt, and I don't enjoy target shooting. Guns aren't a hobby for me, they're preparation for the worst case scenario.

Johney

Poor old "inanimate objects"... they are the innocent in all killings. The inanimate object is never the first consideration in a killing, its nothing more than a security blanket for the scared, weak and trembling.

Who needs laws against security blankets? Babys use them, small girls love them dearly, so why laws to take them away?

Lets face facts. If you need a gun on you, with you around you or in your hands, thats a FALSE sense of security.

Take a self defense class, buy a german shepard, get an alarm system, move to a nice upscale neighborhood, plan your future better, dont live in dangerous areas and stay away from criminals.

You want security?

Plan your lives better.

The gun itself may be technically an "inanimate object" but the bullet flying out of the chamber is alive and kicking all the way to its target.

The bullet would have no way of "projecting" itself without the gun.

Poor souls who live in fear will never know the feeling of safety.

TOS.
Yawn.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
With The Washington Post pushing for New Jersey to implement a 2002 smart gun-only mandate based on the Armatix iP1, it is important to point out that such a mandate will effectively turn gun ownership into a rich man's game.
After all, the .22 caliber Armatix iP1 costs $1,800 a gun. Other .22 pistols--be they Walthers or Rugers--can be purchased brand new for $400 or less.
But the Walthers and Rugers will be illegal to sell in New Jersey once the law is implemented.
Once that mandate takes place, only the wealthy will able to afford guns, while the poor will be left to hope the locks on their doors are strong enough to keep home invaders out.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I think it's great people like to hunt and target shoot, I just don't enjoy it.
The only reason I own a gun is to kill. Hopefully I'll never have to.

Plan my life better? Why do you hate poor people? Lots of poor people DO live in justifiable fear because they're not safe in their own neighborhoods. Banning guns won't change that.

I live in the hood because it's what I can afford. I've got good lighting, good locks, three 80+ pound dogs, IP cameras I can check from my phone, an alarm system, and most importantly a few good neighbors.

However, at the end of the day, the average police response time in my city is 17 minutes. Those 17 minutes are all on me, and I'm gonna protect my family in the most effective way possible. I don't collect guns, I don't hunt, and I don't enjoy target shooting. Guns aren't a hobby for me, they're preparation for the worst case scenario.
This scene is why you should be the one with the gun. Get a sword ?? No thanks !!

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
This scene is why you should be the one with the gun. Get a sword ?? No thanks !!

Little trivia for you, that scene was supposed to be a much longer fight scene, but Harrison Ford had dysentery the day they were supposed to film it. So he and Spielberg came up with that instead. Worked out for the best I think.

oldngray

nowhere special
I heard that was all Ford's idea and Spielberg liked it so kept it. And yes, Ford was sick which is why he thought of the idea (too weak and tired for a fight so just shoot the guy).

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Gun Store Sign: ‘I Like My Guns Like Obama Likes His Voters: Undocumented’
News
A Texas gun store has put up a new sign that is grabbing people’s attention.
“I like my guns like Obama likes his voters: Undocumented,” the Tactical Firearms sign states.

The store’s owner, Jeremy Alcede, says the sign is meant to be looked at as a joke.

“Thank God for our First and Second Amendment rights,” Alcede told KTRK-TV in a statement. “It’s meant as a joke. It’s meant to be funny.”

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Gun Store Sign: ‘I Like My Guns Like Obama Likes His Voters: Undocumented’
News

A Texas gun store has put up a new sign that is grabbing people’s attention.
“I like my guns like Obama likes his voters: Undocumented,” the Tactical Firearms sign states.

The store’s owner, Jeremy Alcede, says the sign is meant to be looked at as a joke.

“Thank God for our First and Second Amendment rights,” Alcede told KTRK-TV in a statement. “It’s meant as a joke. It’s meant to be funny.”

Only funny to tomorrows mass shooter in a shopping mall.

TOS.

moreluck

golden ticket member
m76lo9.jpg

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
This entire tragedy is a case study of why warm-and-fuzzy feel good gun laws don't stop crime.

The murders occurred in California, the state that is the utopian wet dream of the gun ban crowd. California has the strictest and most ridiculous gun laws in the nation, and they didn't do a damn bit of good in this case.

Universal Background Checks? The killer passed one three times.

Waiting periods? The killer bought his first gun a year and a half ago in 2012.

High capacity magazine bans? The killer had California-legal 10 round magazines for his guns and all the time in the world to reload during his rampage.

Assault weapon bans? 2 victims were stabbed, 3 were shot with a handgun, and 4 of them got run over by his car.

Gun free zones? The killer spent a year and a half planning his massacre and since he had formed a premeditated intent to commit murder the only people who obeyed the "gun free zone" rule were his unarmed victims.

I don't know what the answer is. I don't know what could have prevented this tragedy. I do know that it wasn't the fault of the NRA, it wasn't the fault of the Second Amendment, and it want the fault of the 200-million law abiding Americans like me who own guns. As best as I can tell, what failed in this case was a mental health system that failed to intervene and a family who coddled this little turd instead of making him grow up and be a big boy.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
We don't actually have strict gun laws anywhere in this country. California's may be stricter than say Texas, but in an objective sense they're really not that strict. Pretty much anyone who wants a gun can buy one legally.

Johney

This kids mother called police on him due to some weird videos he was posting and the cops interviewed him and said he was fine.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
For the first time in six years, the Justice Department is taking inventory of the guns owned by the various federal agencies and will report that number, as well as the number of agents who "carry guns and have the authority to make arrests."

moreluck

golden ticket member
When I first heard that, I thought
This kids mother called police on him due to some weird videos he was posting and the cops interviewed him and said he was fine.
"To protect and serve" doesn't make them mental health experts. He may have been fine at that moment. Did the cops on the wellness check view the videos?