guns

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Judge dismisses Newtown families' lawsuit against gun maker
The judge agreed with attorneys for Madison, North Carolina-based Remington that the lawsuit should be dismissed under the federal Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act, which was passed by Congress in 2005 and shields gun makers from liability when their firearms are used in crimes.
Judge dismisses Newtown families' lawsuit against gun maker
A stolen gun, too.

rickyb

i always thought stopping massacres in america was a way bigger deal than just taking guns away, but i dont know too much about the subject.

anyways this viddy is about de-funding mental health centers and the like.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The whole idea behind min. wage jobs is for someone to learn what it is to start at the bottom , learn what businesses are looking for in an employee and begin to start your personal climb up the social ladder to a good job that pays well.
Anyone who thinks that the min. wage should be raised just because some never learned the most basic employment lessons in business are just plainly kidding themselves.
To reward min . wage workers with higher pay is actually doing a disservice to those workers.

rickyb

so you think flippin burgers should pay the same as our job?
i think flippin burgers should be automated as much as possible which they are doing anyways finally.

and then i think the workers should all own and be making the decisions at the jobs they work in.

no renting yourself as an employee and taking orders from a boss.

im guessing if all the money wasnt being funnelled to the top which is what capitalism does, workers would earn close to $20 / hr.

oldngray

nowhere special
i think flippin burgers should be automated as much as possible which they are doing anyways finally.

and then i think the workers should all own and be making the decisions at the jobs they work in.

no renting yourself as an employee and taking orders from a boss.

im guessing if all the money wasnt being funnelled to the top which is what capitalism does, workers would earn close to $20 / hr.

Start your own company and do that with your employees.

rickyb

The whole idea behind min. wage jobs is for someone to learn what it is to start at the bottom , learn what businesses are looking for in an employee and begin to start your personal climb up the social ladder to a good job that pays well.
Anyone who thinks that the min. wage should be raised just because some never learned the most basic employment lessons in business are just plainly kidding themselves.
To reward min . wage workers with higher pay is actually doing a disservice to those workers.
i think min wage is there because the market wages would be way lower pay. really as it is, both are socially profane cuz min wage is way to low.

i think any person who works 40 hours a week should have decent housing, food, etc.

rickyb

ricky b , oldngray is right.
In order for your logic to become a reality , you must be a leader not a follower.
oldngray is the one who loves capitalism which means workers following orders lol.

im saying they all gotta be leaders. and its not a vision, this is what some businesses do, and some countries like italy have government policy to encourage it so they have 10,000+ or whatever worker controlled coops.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
i think min wage is there because the market wages would be way lower pay. really as it is, both are socially profane cuz min wage is way to low.

i think any person who works 40 hours a week should have decent housing, food, etc.
What you fail to realize is that by raising min. wage, you are actually making those that have a min. wage job work harder. Since the employer will now have fewer funds to hire workers . Most businesses are managed on a set budget for them to remain profitable.

If you are working 40 hours a week at flipping burgers and you don't own the business , then you have a serious problem. Even if the min. wage was raised to $100/hr , you still would not solve this overall problem .

rickyb

What you fail to realize is that by raising min. wage, you are actually making those that have a min. wage job work harder. Since the employer will now have fewer funds to hire workers . Most businesses are managed on a set budget for them to remain profitable.

If you are working 40 hours a week at flipping burgers and you don't own the business , then you have a serious problem. Even if the min. wage was raised to $100/hr , you still would not solve this overall problem .
you have to find balance with min wage. raise it too much and you lose too many jobs even tho the pay is higher. have it too low and workers dont earn enough.

but if you raised min wage right now it would provide an economic stimulus from workers spending that money back into the economy which would create jobs.

but lets say in an ideal society they actually have min wage at the right amount and workers are still in poverty. then the decent thing would be to supplement their income somehow maybe by government if the private sector cant step up.

and tying this back to gun violence, people would be less violent and less likely to commit suicide if the economy was better.

rickyb

W T friend
cmon baba you know what im sayinggg. not saying ban guns, just saying make a better economy and ppl wont blow their brains out.

the coolest kid in my high school blew hair brains out with a shot gun last year. he had a pretty good job tho, im not sure whats goin on.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
It's a giant step there young fella.
Suicide is as ancient as life itself.
Attempting to place blame on an object for a death is meaningless.
Everyone ( except one board member ) has personal ghosts and it's all about if the individual can control those ghosts and live a meaningful life . Or not and ending that life when they wish to .

rickyb

It's a giant step there young fella.
Suicide is as ancient as life itself.
Attempting to place blame on an object for a death is meaningless.
Everyone ( except one board member ) has personal ghosts and it's all about if the individual can control those ghosts and live a meaningful life . Or not and ending that life when they wish to .
lol.

if you have a better economy people will be less likely to do massacres and suicides.