Heat Wave Hits Northeast.... "Let's cut some routes!"

Overpaid Union Thug

Its my perception or understanding that your body can't get physically "used to the heat" Its my understanding that if you are born in the arctic a physiological change happens to their bodies that cannot be duplictaed in another scenario. Its why eskimos sleep naked in their igloos.

After a few days of age you can't get "used" to the cold. A physiological "stamp" if you will or change happens so they are "adapted" to the cold. Obviously they would freeze do death under extreme conditions, but anything above freezing is balmy to them!

You may be able to tolerate it, but I bet you would never sleep naked (with animal skin blankets off course) inside an igloo.

I live in New England and have experienced 10F and wind chills of 25F below too many days. I hate it. I hate the snow. I hate knowing that when the sunsets in January its going to be really cold! Yes I am a wuss. I hate frozen toes and finger tips.

I just want to say I love the heat and humidity at work. I love sweating at work and I love to go for a run after. I love drinking lots of water and not needing to pee. I feel like I'm cleansing my body. I like losing weight because its difficult to eat anything but fruits and veggies.

Its been a great summer here in MA with temperatures close to or above 90 everyday. I can understand how many drivers are uncomfortable in the heat and I respect that, but give it to me everyday baby!

Snow, cold and winters are for the birds!!!!!

Notice the quotes around the phrase USED TO IT.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The whining and crying part is true.

The report being generated if the DIAD is not in the holder is not. Telematics has no idea if the DIAD is in the holder or not.

P-Man

Perhaps this is the case in your location, but not mine.

If the DIAD is not in the holder when the vehicle is moving, Telematics generates a report that shows where and when the offense occured. I have seen these reports more times than I can count. During peak, everybody was showing up on them if they moved the vehicle while their helper was walking off a stop with the DIAD. After a week or two of being buried in paper reports, somebody finally had enough sense to quit printing them out until peak was over.

over9five

Staff member
Perhaps this is the case in your location, but not mine.

If the DIAD is not in the holder when the vehicle is moving, Telematics generates a report that shows where and when the offense occured. I have seen these reports more times than I can count. During peak, everybody was showing up on them if they moved the vehicle while their helper was walking off a stop with the DIAD. After a week or two of being buried in paper reports, somebody finally had enough sense to quit printing them out until peak was over.

I gotta agree with Pman. There is no connection to the DIAD holder, so how would it be able to report when the DIAD is not in it. Also, I have never seen a report that shows that.

I think the report you're thinking of is "recording while the vehicle is in motion". If you're not recording, it doesn't matter if your DIAD is in the holder or on the floor in the back of the car.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I gotta agree with Pman. There is no connection to the DIAD holder, so how would it be able to report when the DIAD is not in it. Also, I have never seen a report that shows that.

I think the report you're thinking of is "recording while the vehicle is in motion". If you're not recording, it doesn't matter if your DIAD is in the holder or on the floor in the back of the car.
Are you on telematics, 9/5?

over9five

Staff member
Oh ya. And I look at the reports every day. It amazes me what telematics can tell them. The center manager who was here when I first came back to Package would post every telematics report on a bulletin board every day. It was probably a dozen pages. Here's some of them:

Recording while the engine is running
Recording when the car is in motion
Car in motion w/bulkhead door open
Back first exceptions
How many backs you made
How many backs at commercial stops
How many backs at resis
Car in motion without seatbelt on

And remember for each above event, it also tells how many times you did it and for how long (ie. bulkhead door open during travel 12 times for a total of 8.37 miles).

You can even be paid over for your lunch and breaks even if you only take the specified time. Telematics starts your breaks (or next stop) when you finish your last stop. So if you start break right after your last stop, you're good. BUT if you drive to your next stop and start break there, you are paid over the amount of time it took to drive there. The time for each stop you do includes the time it took you to drive there from the last stop. Does that make sense? Not really, but that's how it was explained to me. I usually do this the "wrong" way, but no-ones ever brought it up. (It's probably the least of my problems!!)

ANYHOW, the sup who trained me was a very knowledgeable guy, and I ask a lot of questions so I THINK I'm pretty knowledgeable on Telematics too.

My new center manager only has the summary page posted, so I don't get to see the details anymore.

Big Babooba

Oh ya. And I look at the reports every day. It amazes me what telematics can tell them. The center manager who was here when I first came back to Package would post every telematics report on a bulletin board every day. It was probably a dozen pages. Here's some of them:

Recording while the engine is running
Recording when the car is in motion
Car in motion w/bulkhead door open
Back first exceptions
How many backs you made
How many backs at commercial stops
How many backs at resis
Car in motion without seatbelt on

And remember for each above event, it also tells how many times you did it and for how long (ie. bulkhead door open during travel 12 times for a total of 8.37 miles).

You can even be paid over for your lunch and breaks even if you only take the specified time. Telematics starts your breaks (or next stop) when you finish your last stop. So if you start break right after your last stop, you're good. BUT if you drive to your next stop and start break there, you are paid over the amount of time it took to drive there. The time for each stop you do includes the time it took you to drive there from the last stop. Does that make sense? Not really, but that's how it was explained to me. I usually do this the "wrong" way, but no-ones ever brought it up. (It's probably the least of my problems!!)

ANYHOW, the sup who trained me was a very knowledgeable guy, and I ask a lot of questions so I THINK I'm pretty knowledgeable on Telematics too.

My new center manager only has the summary page posted, so I don't get to see the details anymore.
Items you left out:

Total backing time
Total average backing distance
Average backing MPH
Residential total backing distance
Residential average backing distance
Residential backing time
Total idle time
Wiping butt from rear to front rather than front to rear

over9five

Staff member
Items you left out:

Total backing time
Total average backing distance
Average backing MPH
Residential total backing distance
Residential average backing distance
Residential backing time
Total idle time
Wiping butt from rear to front rather than front to rear

Thanks!

You'd be surprised where they hide those sensors!