Help me quit smoking

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
Last friday I said I quit smoking.......Well that following monday on the way to St. Pete I picked up 2 packs of cigarettes....Now I'm done with those packs and trying to quit again :knockedout:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
It's a good thing I finished reading this thread (well at least I got to your post More). I agree and thank you for beating me to it.

Some of you may remember when we got back from Puerto Vallarta last year I spent 5 days in the hospital. Very very sick. Didn't smoke for 2 weeks after that. I had quit. I made a promise to someone that I respect alot and went back on that promise. :dissapointed: I wish I hadn't. So here I am today still smoking.

I am glad that this thread was started and please keep it going. I am reading it. I will add my name to this list.
Cool, dilli, hope your "incentive" helps you along the way.

Come on Dilli!!!! You can do it, I'll tell ya what lets make a deal you can quite smoking and I will have to getting back into shape. I've been putting off starting P90X again. That could be a big celebration on the cruise for those who go who ever was able to kick a bad habit.. Like I have with UPS this week dropped it like a bad habit. lol Vacation

Think about it lets do it make a date... :woohoo:

OK how long is it going to take for someone to chime in on this post 9.5 will be first...
Comet, are you going on the cruise?

Last friday I said I quit smoking.......Well that following monday on the way to St. Pete I picked up 2 packs of cigarettes....Now I'm done with those packs and trying to quit again :knockedout:
If at first you don't succeed....................:happy2:

P

pickup

well, you saw my "hmmm... " remark, I knew what most likely happened when you failed to post here but you were still posting on other threads. Same thing happened to me when I posted about 2 weeks ago saying I had my last cigarette and the temptation grabbed me (and I was able to act on it because I kept a pack on hand).

As I mentioned before , don't be too discouraged about your "failure" to quit for it would only be a true failure if you learned nothing from the attempt. Check out my "roses of success" video a couple of posts above this one for further clarification.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Speaking of "incentives", figure out what you like to do best, and use the cash you save from not smoking for that "activity."

I golf and build my own clubs. When I quit 3 years ago, my wife said that I could spend whatever I saved from not buying cigarettes on golf. At almost 2 packs a day, that has translated into lots of guilt-free golf, 2 sets of irons and several new drivers.

LiL"Comet"

I hate you guys......

:rofl:LOL Bless it!!

Ok Monavie Good job you keep up the good work too!!! Find whatever works for you. My husband had to drink water, have plenty of gum, and used a lot of mouthwash. I'm turning to food so I have to start a work out routine now and get back in shape heck that's harder for me!!! Keep us informed of how your doing... :cheers:Keep on keeping on...

Speaking of "incentives", figure out what you like to do best, and use the cash you save from not smoking for that "activity."

I golf and build my own clubs. When I quit 3 years ago, my wife said that I could spend whatever I saved from not buying cigarettes on golf. At almost 2 packs a day, that has translated into lots of guilt-free golf, 2 sets of irons and several new drivers.

Good Idea I will have to start saving what I would have spent on cigs I already know what I want to buy.

LiL"Comet"

STUG Not sure yet I meant to say that in my last post I couldn't quite laughing after saying Bless it to 9.5

That's what i say to one of my kids when they whining about something etc....

DS

Fenderbender
It's a good thing I finished reading this thread (well at least I got to your post More). I agree and thank you for beating me to it.

Some of you may remember when we got back from Puerto Vallarta last year I spent 5 days in the hospital. Very very sick. Didn't smoke for 2 weeks after that. I had quit. I made a promise to someone that I respect alot and went back on that promise. :dissapointed: I wish I hadn't. So here I am today still smoking.

I am glad that this thread was started and please keep it going. I am reading it. I will add my name to this list.
I'm glad you did dilli because I'm still smoking too.I do not smoke all day long and allow myself (a few) when I get home at night.I intend to start "the book" on Saturday.I really do want to quit altogether.We can all help each other.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Remember Susan Powter screaming "Stop the Insanity" with regards to diet???

It should apply to smoking too....."Stop the Insanity, Just Stop the Smoking!!!!"

Hey, I have the 'hair' for this campaign too..... the cancer crewcut !! :wink2:

P

pickup

It should apply to smoking too....."Stop the Insanity, Just Stop the Smoking!!!!"

I remember Susan Powter was once on a show called I believe "Pm magazine" with Gary Collins. This had to be in the 80s. She was so hyper and she bulldozed Gary Collins on his own show. I saw some clips of her on u tube a few minutes of go. She is no longer sporting the crew cut.

P

pickup

Speaking of not smoking, yesterday was something of an eye opener. That was my sixth day of not smoking . Everything was going pretty smoothly but my eye spied one of those group ash tray thigamajiggies outside a common entrance and in it was a half smoked cigarette. I am pretty sure if I were in possession of a lighter , I would have smoked it. Just typing about the incident isn't therapeutic as I am now debating getting a cigarette. Yeah, it can be tough, . And no, I didn't smoke it. Yay!

Heck, time to down a half gallon of water and then sleep until whatever I feel like it. If I roll into sunday , so be it.

I only mention this because I don't want to give anyone the impression that it is necessarily a 4 day battle and a champion is declared. I guess it is an ongoing process.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Hey, after 8-9 months I'm still craving one from time to time. The only thing I can guarantee is that it does pass in a few minutes, so don't give in!:peaceful:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Speaking of not smoking, yesterday was something of an eye opener. That was my sixth day of not smoking . Everything was going pretty smoothly but my eye spied one of those group ash tray thigamajiggies outside a common entrance and in it was a half smoked cigarette. I am pretty sure if I were in possession of a lighter , I would have smoked it. Just typing about the incident isn't therapeutic as I am now debating getting a cigarette. Yeah, it can be tough, . And no, I didn't smoke it. Yay!

Heck, time to down a half gallon of water and then sleep until whatever I feel like it. If I roll into sunday , so be it.

I only mention this because I don't want to give anyone the impression that it is necessarily a 4 day battle and a champion is declared. I guess it is an ongoing process.

Good job, P/U.

Hey, after 8-9 months I'm still craving one from time to time. The only thing I can guarantee is that it does pass in a few minutes, so don't give in!:peaceful:
It's the few minutes that kills me.

John19841

If you don't change the way you think about it, and realize that you're not "giving up" anything, it will be a life long struggle. Honestly, if you stop but feel like you're "missing something" because you feel like you had to give up something you loved, then well, I'd rather see you keep smoking. The benefits off not smoking are not worth a lifetime of misery. Better to die earlier and be happy then live a little longer and be miserable, IMHO. You're not giving up anything; Read the book! :happy-very:

John19841

Good job, P/U.

It's the few minutes that kills me.

I will get the occasional craving maybe once every few days, just when I'm around a friend that lights up, or something similar. Anyway, I just think of how I quit, and that I know that person wants to too, and feel a little pity for him. Makes me happy because it makes me remember that I quit; that I did it. Craving goes away instantly.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

A lot of the women that I've seen, look cool with that haircut, more.

I also want to thank Ryan for his advice on that book. My wife is reading it, and it's really opening her eyes. Thanks!