Help me stop running

BrownThunder

Yesterday went well. Punched out at 7:15pm, didn't have to run back out and help. Still managed to watch the 2nd half of the warriors/thunder game.

On that route I am usually parking the truck at 6:15.

billerz

Yesterday went well. Punched out at 7:15pm, didn't have to run back out and help. Still managed to watch the 2nd half of the warriors/thunder game.

On that route I am usually parking the truck at 6:15.
There you go man, that day was probably a lot less stressful. You still made service and probably worked safer too. Keep at it.

Faceplanted

Enjoy your extra 50 bucks. Multiply that by 5 and u got enough for bottles and strippers. do that every day for a month and you can whip around something with an amg or m Motorsport badge on the back for no extra out of your pocket of you think about it.

El Correcto

god is dead
I'm still a new driver, year and half in, and I'm definitely not a runner. Are there times where I work fast to get air off by 1030 or makes businesses by 5
Nah, you tell them hey I got too much air it's going to be late, also I'm too heavy on business and will need help even if I run straight business. $afety numero uno, let your union rep know before hand as well. Keeps him from not believing your story if they try to lie.

billerz

Nah, you tell them hey I got too much air it's going to be late, also I'm too heavy on business and will need help even if I run straight business. $afety numero uno, let your union rep know before hand as well. Keeps him from not believing your story if they try to lie.
If I have too much air and I think I will not make all of it, I tell management. There is a difference between having a sense of urgency and being unsafe.

BrownThunder

clocked out last night at 7:30, management didnt even batt an eye. matter fact they still said good work today.

wtf.... i have been leaving money on the table since peak ended.

As far as air goes I never ask for help unless its an absurd number of stops. Anything above 13 air stops and i need a hand. The AM air rush is what gets the blood pumping for me.

Faceplanted

clocked out last night at 7:30, management didnt even batt an eye. matter fact they still said good work today.

wtf.... i have been leaving money on the table since peak ended.

As far as air goes I never ask for help unless its an absurd number of stops. Anything above 13 air stops and i need a hand. The AM air rush is what gets the blood pumping for me.
So will an accident due to running around like a crazy

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Hello BC world!

I'm a full time driver (6 months), learning the ropes and mastering as many routes I can.

So far I'm up to 7 routes and the management team says I'm doing one hell of a job.

I have a problem with trying to blast through a route as quickly as I can. I don't literally sprint, but I don't take breaks until all of my deliveries are off.

Whenever that notice pops up saying I qualify for a break, I never take one. I'm offended it even popped up because I still have so much work to do.

I just need some feedback from veterans who can talk about their evolution from runners to reasonably paced drivers.

I'm getting tired of busting my ass and being sent back out to help someone who (in my eyes) didn't leave the hub with the same sense of urgency as I did.

That above statement is probably false, but speaks to the problem I'm having.

I have decided to take long as he'll when they send me back out, but during the day I am still working with a feverish sense of urgency like I'm still in my 30 day probation.

Some things I want to start doing:
-take all breaks, at the appropriate time
-drop air at the meet spot (I always take my own in)

Anything else?

You don't need any help. Your body will stop you from running. Usually it's a knee operation that'll do it.

dudebro

Do you really want the DIAD telling YOU when to take lunch? One of the benefits of the job is that you're sort of on your own once you're out of the building (although the tech gets more intrusive). Everyone should just take the lunch they're entitled to.

Overpaid Union Thug

Do you really want the DIAD telling YOU when to take lunch? One of the benefits of the job is that you're sort of on your own once you're out of the building (although the tech gets more intrusive). Everyone should just take the lunch they're entitled to.
That's not how it works. We would tell it when we are on lunch. It's a good idea. Only the habitual lunch skippers should have a problem with it.

K

Kev123

I know how you feel my friend. I'm in the same situation I'm always getting messed around on different route myself. I'm on 9 routes and they push me from pillar to post every week. I've learnt that not taking your breaks gets you nowhere and no thanks from management and if there's boxes left at the end of the day you just take them back to center. I was promised a route which I got after a meeting with HR, now they've decided to start the messing around process again. You can never win with UPS.

wayfair

swollen member
I've learnt that not taking your breaks gets you nowhere and no thanks from management and if there's boxes left at the end of the day you just take them back to center. I was promised a route which I got after a meeting with HR, now they've decided to start the messing around process again. You can never win with UPS.

uhhhhh, we don't "just take them back to center"

and NO ONE is "promised a route"

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I know how you feel my friend. I'm in the same situation I'm always getting messed around on different route myself. I'm on 9 routes and they push me from pillar to post every week. I've learnt that not taking your breaks gets you nowhere and no thanks from management and if there's boxes left at the end of the day you just take them back to center. I was promised a route which I got after a meeting with HR, now they've decided to start the messing around process again. You can never win with UPS.
Promised a route. Lmfao