Here’s what I’m thankful for today

FromOffTheStreets

100%, that was a bad omission on my part. I’ve posted on this forum many times that if we weren’t unionized we’d all be making $15-$20 an hour. Thanks to the Teamsters.
NOONE is staying here (driving for ups) for $15-20/ hr. They would have no work force. So they know they have to pay more

At the same time, noone is getting 44 + ins + pension without the union.

It would probably be a "performance" based system with cheap insurance & a small 401k match. Start at 20 & earn raises based on "their scratch #'s" maxing around 30.

Non liberal

1. Counting is not your strong suit, is it?

b. How do you come up with half? It gives a range for the median salary. You guessed half. Guess again.
You totally missed the whole point of my post. What i was referring to was the fact that lawyers in the other 40 states made more than us on average. And the vast majority of them make much much more then us. Cool?

Trucker Clock

You totally missed the whole point of my post. What i was referring to was the fact that lawyers in the other 40 states made more than us on average. And the vast majority of them make much much more then us. Cool?

That was not your original point.

Yes. There are lawyers that make more than us. Yes, there are lawyers than make a whole lot more than us. But we make more than a lot of lawyers out there.

Non liberal

That was not your original point.

Yes. There are lawyers that make more than us. Yes, there are lawyers than make a whole lot more than us. But we make more than a lot of lawyers out there.
When you take the total amount of lawyers, it is very small. A lawyers average salary is larger then our average salary. It’s not real hard to understand. Everybody starts somewhere. You didn’t start out making 40hr. Same with a lawyer.

Trucker Clock

When you take the total amount of lawyers, it is very small. A lawyers average salary is larger then our average salary. It’s not real hard to understand. Everybody starts somewhere. You didn’t start out making 40hr. Same with a lawyer.

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average lawyer salary in 2022 was $135K. Yes, this is more than our average salary. But, when comparing jobs, you need to include total compensation. I know, you can't buy groceries with health insurance, but you can buy groceries with the money you save by not paying for health insurance.

Lawyers typically don't get a pension. Maybe in some mega firms, but lawyers typically only get a 401K. And lawyers also typically pay a lot for healthcare. Just check out some sites with lawyers complaining about how much they have to pay. Especially in a small firm or for those that are solo with their own practice.

So, let's deduct what lawyers pay into their 401K for retirement and also deduct what they pay for medical. How about $20K a year in 401K and $10K a year in health insurance. Now, their $135K average salary drops down to $105K net income. The average UPS driver probably makes $100K-$110K, not working very much overtime.

So yes, we make more than about half the lawyers out there. Doctors too. Engineers, probably more than 3/4.

ManInBrown

NOONE is staying here (driving for ups) for $15-20/ hr. They would have no work force. So they know they have to pay more

At the same time, noone is getting 44 + ins + pension without the union.

It would probably be a "performance" based system with cheap insurance & a small 401k match. Start at 20 & earn raises based on "their scratch #'s" maxing around 30.
You don’t understand, if we weren’t unionized and were paid $15-$20 an hour we wouldn’t be treated like dirt By management. The reason we are treated like dirt is because of how much we make. I’m not saying theyd have an easy time fielding a workforce for those wages but you best believe there would be desperate people that would do it. There’s one reason UPS pays us what they pay us. TEAMSTERS

Trucker Clock

You don’t understand, if we weren’t unionized and were paid $15-$20 an hour we wouldn’t be treated like dirt By management. The reason we are treated like dirt is because of how much we make. I’m not saying theyd have an easy time fielding a workforce for those wages but you best believe there would be desperate people that would do it. There’s one reason UPS pays us what they pay us. TEAMSTERS

$20 an hour with a pension and free healthcare. You would get a lot to do the job. But not enough.

$30 an hour with a pension and free healthcare. Jobs filled.

$45 an hour with a pension and free healthcare. Thank you Teamsters!

Non liberal

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average lawyer salary in 2022 was $135K. Yes, this is more than our average salary. But, when comparing jobs, you need to include total compensation. I know, you can't buy groceries with health insurance, but you can buy groceries with the money you save by not paying for health insurance.

Lawyers typically don't get a pension. Maybe in some mega firms, but lawyers typically only get a 401K. And lawyers also typically pay a lot for healthcare. Just check out some sites with lawyers complaining about how much they have to pay. Especially in a small firm or for those that are solo with their own practice.

So, let's deduct what lawyers pay into their 401K for retirement and also deduct what they pay for medical. How about $20K a year in 401K and $10K a year in health insurance. Now, their $135K average salary drops down to $105K net income. The average UPS driver probably makes $100K-$110K, not working very much overtime.

So yes, we make more than about half the lawyers out there. Doctors too. Engineers, probably more than 3/4.
lol, not even close! How do u know what they get for retirement? The average person puts nothing close to that in their 401k, if they even utilize it. You’re close on your argument with SOME lawyers, not even in the same ballpark with drs. Not to mention, we just started making 92k a year. I don’t care what you make with your overtime, that’s not an average salary. Drs and lawyers make a ton more than us just working 40hrs a week. I know most of them work more than that, which is that much more money they make. These averages are just based on a 40hr work week. Sob explained that much. Yes we make good money, but we work the hours in order to make that money.

Trucker Clock

lol, not even close! How do u know what they get for retirement?

Simple search. Most law firms offer a 401K, not a defined pension.

The average person puts nothing close to that in their 401k, if they even utilize it.

The average person does not make $135K. If a lawyer wants to retire with a decent retirement fun, they better put that much in.

You’re close on your argument with SOME lawyers

According to the stats, from the Government, by the way, I am right on close to half.

not even in the same ballpark with drs

I said that they make a whole lot more than I thought, after doing the research. The same research I did on lawyers.

I don’t care what you make with your overtime, that’s not an average salary.

Yes it is.

Drs and lawyers make a ton more than us just working 40hrs a week.

Drs, yes, lawyers, no.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
UPS hiring me as an off the street package car driver. Been with the company a long time and when they kept me it wasn’t like it is today. It was very hard to get hired off the street. No two tier wage system like we had in the last contract. It was a lottery ticket if they kept you. Once I was hired permanent I was 100% a union employee. Almost immediately got on 9.5 and have stuck up for my rights every day since. We all bad mouth the company and don’t like certain aspects.

They’ve given me a life I could’ve never dreamed I’d have income wise. Don’t want to get into details but anyone who knew me in my late teens, early 20s, if you told them the money I made today they’d say he’s either dead, or theres no way. Thank you to the management team that gave me this job and called me back.

I’m going into work tomorrow and I’m going to make $133.56 an hour for the first 8 hours of the day, and $89.04 an hour for the remaining to do absolutely nothing. Thanks UPS.
@IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U will send you several nudes that you will be thankful for