Here’s what I’m thankful for today

Non liberal

Really?

Without the Union, we would be making $10 an hour less, or even more. Probably $15 an hour. We would not have the same pension and would have co-payments on healthcare.

We are probably making more than $2500 a month, plus better healthcare, pension, working conditions and job security. Well worth the $100 a month in Union dues.

I look at the strike fund as insurance. It is there if you need it, but there are no refunds if you don't use it. I am OK with that.
We do have copays on healthcare visits

Trucker Clock

We do have good health ins. Eye and dental sucks but health is good. Only problem is you can’t buy groceries or pay the electric bill with your health insurance.

No you can't. But a lot of people have to decide whether to buy the groceries or see the doctor for that nasty cough. We can do both.

Trucker Clock

Ok dude, lawyers make more then us ok? I don’t care where you pulled that useless stat. Lawyers make more then ups drivers

U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

Lawyer BLS.jpg

Thebrownblob

I have three good friends whose wives are nurses as well as my mom. They all make 110-120k a year. Yes us truck drivers are close to that, but we’re also working a lot of hours to get there as well. And odd hours.
Like I said, there’s very few nurses who make MORE than us. And most of them don’t have free healthcare, which is kind of crazy my buddy whose wife is the nurse practitioner who probably makes double his salary uses his insurance and he’s a feeder driver because her insurance is garbage. And I haven’t made less than 110 K for probably a decade. My hours aren’t that crazy. I usually work till 630 every night a little later than some but I don’t find them to be extreme. Also, I don’t have to wipe anyone’s ass which I find to be plus 😂

Non liberal

Like I said, there’s very few nurses who make MORE than us. And most of them don’t have free healthcare, which is kind of crazy my buddy whose wife is the nurse practitioner who probably makes double his salary uses his insurance and he’s a feeder driver because her insurance is garbage. And I haven’t made less than 110 K for probably a decade. My hours aren’t that crazy. I usually work till 630 every night a little later than some but I don’t find them to be extreme. Also, I don’t have to wipe anyone’s ass which I find to be plus 😂
Yeah, I compare our salaries based on 40hrs. Not how much overtime we work. I can’t believe your buddies wife is allowed to choose his ins. My union makes me fill out a coordination of benefits form every year verifying my dependents don’t have available insurance from their employer. If they did they would have to use it. They wouldn’t be allowed on my policy.

Non liberal

I don’t know why anyone is arguing that lawyers and doctors make more than us because of course they do, and they also have almost a decade worth of school to attend and pay for. 🤷‍♂️
I don’t know why either, that is my argument. Yes they do have a lot of school to pay for, but they also make 200-400k a year. They can afford it. Just look at the houses they live in.

Thebrownblob

Yeah, I compare our salaries based on 40hrs. Not how much overtime we work. I can’t believe your buddies wife is allowed to choose his ins. My union makes me fill out a coordination of benefits form every year verifying my dependents don’t have available insurance from their employer. If they did they would have to use it. They wouldn’t be allowed on my policy.
Do you not have team Care? They don’t ask anything like that. And most nurses I know don’t work 40 hours only and their schedules are pretty crazy in my opinion. My cousin is a traveling surgical nurse on contract so she gets to pick and choose what she does. I do her taxes she makes in the high 90s granite they pay for her place to live everywhere she goes but I wouldn’t say she’s making tons more than us.

Thebrownblob

I don’t know why either, that is my argument. Yes they do have a lot of school to pay for, but they also make 200-400k a year. They can afford it. Just look at the houses they live in.
They do make good money, and I believe most of them should, but don’t forget they’re probably keeping up with the Joneses just like everyone else just at a higher level a lot of those doctors are probably in debt. They do have a higher income, so they should be able to pay it back sooner though.

Non liberal

Do you not have team Care? They don’t ask anything like that. And most nurses I know don’t work 40 hours only and their schedules are pretty crazy in my opinion. My cousin is a traveling surgical nurse on contract so she gets to pick and choose what she does. I do her taxes she makes in the high 90s granite they pay for her place to live everywhere she goes but I wouldn’t say she’s making tons more than us.
No, every year I have to verify my dependents don’t have access to health care anywhere else. If they did they would have to take it. Which kind of keeps my wife from working