Here’s what I’m thankful for today

Thebrownblob

Actually, if you want to know who’s really killing it is our friend who is a financial advisor who just sold his firm for millions I think that’s the job you should be looking towards instead of doctors and lawyers because my buddies at the lake all the time now L O L

Non liberal

Actually, if you want to know who’s really killing it is our friend who is a financial advisor who just sold his firm for millions I think that’s the job you should be looking towards instead of doctors and lawyers because my buddies at the lake all the time now L O L
That’s why my investments are doing :censored2:. Lol

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
No you're not.

If you didn't go in tomorrow, you would still get your 8 hour Holiday pay. By going in tomorrow and working, you are making $89.04 an hour for all hours worked, on top of your $356.16 Holiday pay. Still, not too shabby.

If people want to say they are making triple time for working, so be it. They are not. They are making double time, time and a half or straight time, depending on your Supplement, for all hours worked, over and above the Holiday pay.
Cannot be both so it is triple time.

Brownwind

Nurses are pretty much the only ones who would make the same as us in the medical field. This cracks me up truck drivers think they make as much money as “those in the medical field” like they’re eluding to drs or something. No, you might make the same as SOME nurses, everyone else in the medical field makes at least twice we do.
It’s a big field and to think I was comparing my salary with a doctor’s is silly. We’re package car drivers on an anonymous website. Don’t take it too seriously.

Brownwind

And sorry.. 100k a year is the new poverty level, or is about to be. Pretty soon with the way inflation is going, you won’t be able to raise a family on 100k a year.
Most of us on here have other incomes. 100k and you can’t afford to live in most places. Come west and find out.

ManInBrown

UPS only pays you what the Teamsters negotiated for you. They wouldn’t pay you nearly what you make without the Union.

You should be thanking the Teamster Union, not the crappy company.
100%, that was a bad omission on my part. I’ve posted on this forum many times that if we weren’t unionized we’d all be making $15-$20 an hour. Thanks to the Teamsters.

Thebrownblob

100%, that was a bad omission on my part. I’ve posted on this forum many times that if we weren’t unionized we’d all be making $15-$20 an hour. Thanks to the Teamsters.
Really only need to look to FedEx and Amazon, to see many of the things this company would try to do if we were not unionized

Trucker Clock

Cannot be both so it is triple time.

But it can be both, and It is both.

You don't have to work to get your Holiday pay.

If you do work, you then get your supplemental Holiday pay for all hours worked, specified in your Supplement or Rider. I know of no Supplement or rider that pays triple time for supplemental Holiday pay.

Prove me wrong.

Thebrownblob

But it can be both, and It is both.

You don't have to work to get your Holiday pay.

If you do work, you then get your supplemental Holiday pay for all hours worked, specified in your Supplement or Rider. I know of no Supplement or rider that pays triple time for supplemental Holiday pay.

Prove me wrong.
Gentlemen, it can be whatever you feel like, as long as you’re getting paid.

It’s a lot like the question that has been perplexing people for several decades……

“Is the movie Die hard a Christmas movie or a movie set at Christmas time?” 🎄🎅🎅🎄🤑💰💵

Yippee kiyeah mother 🤬s

Trucker Clock

Gentlemen, it can be whatever you feel like, as long as you’re getting paid.

It’s a lot like the question that has been perplexing people for several decades……

“Is the movie Die hard a Christmas movie or a movie set at Christmas time?” 🎄🎅🎅🎄🤑💰💵

Yippee kiyeah mother 🤬s

I have said that if it makes them feel better to claim that they are being paid triple time, so be it. Feel good.

But, the simple fact is that they are not. Enjoy the Supplemental pay rate today, for those that get more than straight time.

Nah
Really? I think you’re exaggerating because every year at Thanksgiving when people talk to me about my job and hear that I have seven weeks of vacation and half a dozen days holidays off as well as a couple personal days they almost choke on their turkey.
You working today.

Nah
We do have good health ins. Eye and dental sucks but health is good. Only problem is you can’t buy groceries or pay the electric bill with your health insurance. If only they made liberal politician insurance
TeamCare dental is really good, don't know what you're talking about.

Thebrownblob

My non union job gave me the day off with pay.
My union job gave me the day with holiday pay Pay and double time and asked me if I wanted to go home and I said no lol, I just took a two hour lunch doing nothing today. Everyone else at my house is at work today to, might as well.

Last edited: