Here’s what I’m thankful for today

Trucker Clock

Comparable? More or less? Is she responsible with money? There are a slew of variables there to contend with. And she makes comparable money while having more time off. Means a lot. To me anyway. To each their own though. Yes we do great for not being educated. I just get tired of guys making it sound better than it really is, comparing us to drs and lawyers. It’s not close.

We're nowhere near a doctor or lawyer. They went to school for years to earn their degrees. But the average lawyer doesn't make much more than us, including our pension and healthcare. A doctor makes quite a bit more, but after about 14 years.

And they went to school and amassed $200K in debt while I was delivering amazon boxes making $100K.

Non liberal

What is your advice on personal investing? Just curious about the process you’re using.
I don’t have any why? I pay someone to do that for me because I know nothing about it. I take care of my 401k with work but have other money outside of work that someone manages for me. How about you?

Non liberal

I don't know her exact amount, that would be rude lol. We are both over 6 figures. She paid a lil more for the same size house and type though outside the city versus inside. She travels. I like cars, collectibles, chilling. Different paths, same ending.

It just proves that if one is motivated to improve themselves or their lives, that it is possible through many different paths. I enjoy my life as a delivery driver. The smiles I bring, the adventures I have. I'd die being stuck inside behind a computer or in an office. UPS fits my personality, figured that out long time ago. No regrets.
Good for you, that’s all that matters. Like I said, it’s a good job and good money. It’s not great money, like dr. or lawyer money, but it’s fine. Just trying to calm the hype that a lot of folks have. Maybe if we weren’t so satisfied with what we make we would have gotten what we deserved last contract instead instead of getting short handed.

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
My brother is a PhD professor in metallurgical engineering teaching at a very reputable college in the North. He went to school for 8 years.

I make more than he does, always have and always will.
Facts. I'd be even better off had I started at UPS, but I spent 17 years at FedEx Express. Even with that lower pay, I was living my life while she was in school amassing debt, getting laid off, different jobs. I delivered packages, made money, have whatever I want in life.

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
Good for you, that’s all that matters. Like I said, it’s a good job and good money. It’s not great money, like dr. or lawyer money, but it’s fine. Just trying to calm the hype that a lot of folks have. Maybe if we weren’t so satisfied with what we make we would have gotten what we deserved last contract instead instead of getting short handed.
I'm fine with what we got. I'm in the best position with UPS I've had in my life. The union dues are less than what I paid for subpar insurance, while making substantially more money and having protections. To me, I'm winning AF with UPS just for 9.5hrs during the week dropping off stuff. Meanwhile everyone else around me is struggling like a mother father while I'm cruising. I even have enough to take care of my Mama and hook my homie up. Thanks UPS, lol.

Trucker Clock

I'm fine with what we got. I'm in the best position with UPS I've had in my life. The union dues are less than what I paid for subpar insurance, while making substantially more money and having protections. To me, I'm winning AF with UPS just for 9.5hrs during the week dropping off stuff. Meanwhile everyone else around me is struggling like a mother father while I'm cruising. I even have enough to take care of my Mama and hook my homie up. Thanks UPS, lol.

Thank the Teamsters also. You make more now than at FedEx mainly because of the Teamsters. But UPS does provide the job. I am thankful for both.

Brownwind

I don’t have any why? I pay someone to do that for me because I know nothing about it. I take care of my 401k with work but have other money outside of work that someone manages for me. How about you?
I asked because you seem to be in the know.

I’m definitely vested in property and the mineral rights that are attached. 401k and the money management company are earning it lately

Non liberal

Yeah I know, so I’ve heard from countless other sheeple who have no idea what could have been. Ups counts on folks like you to hold back wages.

Non liberal

I asked because you seem to be in the know.

I’m definitely vested in property and the mineral rights that are attached. 401k and the money management company are earning it lately
I’m not really in the know, I just try and pick the brains of the senior drivers where I work and copy the successful ones. I too was thinking about buying land with mineral rights attached. My grandfather used to say buying land was the best investment you could make. It’s getting harder to trust the stock market every day, especially with an administration hell bent on bankrupting its own citizens in order to enrich noncitizens and foreign countries.

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
Yeah I know, so I’ve heard from countless other sheeple who have no idea what could have been. Ups counts on folks like you to hold back wages.
Hold back wages? Nearly $45/hr to deliver cardboard is holding back? No cost premium insurance is holding back? What you smoking on?

Non liberal

Hold back wages? Nearly $45/hr to deliver cardboard is holding back? No cost premium insurance is holding back? What you smoking on?
You could and should be making $48 hr delivering cardboard, in order to have the same buying power you did 4 yrs ago. But instead you’re happy and proud to have $45. Meanwhile carol and the rest of ups board are smiling ear to ear.

Thebrownblob

1701016722881.gif

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
You could and should be making $48 hr delivering cardboard, in order to have the same buying power you did 4 yrs ago. But instead you’re happy and proud to have $45. Meanwhile carol and the rest of ups board are smiling ear to ear.
You sound ungrateful. I'm living just fine. Manage your finances correctly and the ups and downs of the market, prices, inflation or whatever doesn't affect you so much. $4 more isn't going to change my life. I'm making more money today than last year. I make more money than my peers doing the same job. If UPS isn't enough money for you, then do something else.