Here’s what I’m thankful for today

Non liberal

You sound ungrateful. I'm living just fine. Manage your finances correctly and the ups and downs of the market, prices, inflation or whatever doesn't affect you so much. $4 more isn't going to change my life. I'm making more money today than last year. I make more money than my peers doing the same job. If UPS isn't enough money for you, then do something else.
lol, ungrateful? I’m grateful for everything I have. And I manage my finances so I can withstand anything, hopefully. I just don’t feel as though I got my moneys worth from this union. I pay them to negotiate for me and feel as though they could have done better. That’s all.

Thebrownblob

Also because they were expecting to pay us more in increases than what was negotiated. Carol said as much.
Sure she was telling the truth there lol what she gonna tell the board? We got screwed?

Thankfully, UPS is a smart company, and they will figure out a way. It’s a solid agreement as most analyst will tell you and most union people will say we set the bar for everyone else. If you’re not happy with it, that’s your choice but you’re in the minority.

Thebrownblob

She was expecting to pay us at least half not more than what we are getting right now
Not to mention the idea of putting several hundred thousand union members on strike in order to hopefully get only a minimal amount more (and the gains could’ve possibly evaporated with a lingering strike) when an offer like this was already on the table would’ve been irresponsible.

Not to mention the idea of putting several hundred thousand union members on strike in order to hopefully get only a minimal amount more (and the gains could’ve possibly evaporated with a lingering strike) when an offer like this was already on the table would’ve been irresponsible.
They already lost enough business with us going past the deadline

Non liberal

Sure she was telling the truth there lol what she gonna tell the board? We got screwed?

Thankfully, UPS is a smart company, and they will figure out a way. It’s a solid agreement as most analyst will tell you and most union people will say we set the bar for everyone else. If you’re not happy with it, that’s your choice but you’re in the minority.
Yeah I’m in the minority because folks still actually believe what analysts who work for tv stations, tell them they got a good deal because well, they’re lefties. And they want you to think well of your leftist union. When what they should be asking themselves is do I have the same amount of buying power with these wages as I did 4 years ago. And the answer is no, so more money should have been negotiated. Yes I am sure she was telling the truth. This company still gives unlimited overtime. When we are getting enough money, the overtime will stop!

Non liberal

It wouldn’t have been minimal. It should have been double. And we wouldn’t have went on strike, they would’ve paid it. They’re making too much money not to.

Thebrownblob

Yeah I’m in the minority because folks still actually believe what analysts who work for tv stations, tell them they got a good deal because well, they’re lefties. And they want you to think well of your leftist union. When what they should be asking themselves is do I have the same amount of buying power with these wages as I did 4 years ago. And the answer is no, so more money should have been negotiated. Yes I am sure she was telling the truth. This company still gives unlimited overtime. When we are getting enough money, the overtime will stop!
I don’t want to stop and you would be the first one to cross the picket line so your opinion is not valid lol. Your wages are not guaranteed to keep up with inflation and if you want to tie your compensation directly to inflation, are you ready to give it back when inflation goes down?? Maybe you just have poor spending habits?
It wouldn’t have been minimal. It should have been double. And we wouldn’t have went on strike, they would’ve paid it. They’re making too much money not to.
And you would’ve been one the first to cross the picket line so your point is moot, and your opinion is invalid, because cowards, like you do exactly what cowards do. Complain about what they didn’t get while enjoying what everyone fought for them to have. Like I said, you’re more than welcome to be unhappy but you’re still here and that’s the funny part so keep on bellyaching.

Non liberal

I don’t want to stop and you would be the first one to cross the picket line so your opinion is not valid lol. Your wages are not guaranteed to keep up with inflation and if you want to tie your compensation directly to inflation, are you ready to give it back when inflation goes down?? Maybe you just have poor spending habits?

And you would’ve been one the first to cross the picket line so your point is moot, and your opinion is invalid, because cowards, like you do exactly what cowards do. Complain about what they didn’t get while enjoying what everyone fought for them to have. Like I said, you’re more than welcome to be unhappy but you’re still here and that’s the funny part so keep on bellyaching.
No I wouldn’t cross the picket line. I would be working whatever odd job I had to to make ends meet while my union earns their money that I pay them to negotiate these contracts, Homer! And who says inflation is going to go down? Why would I give money back? Does UPS lower their shipping rates when the price of fuel goes down? And the whole reason of negotiating a new contract is to keep up with inflation dude! Hello! Anybody home Mcfly? I’m complaining because I demand better from my union for next time. Or if necessary, a change of leadership. And I’m here because it is a good paying job, I’ve said that before. But times are changing obviously, just go pick out a steak that costs $5 lb. More then it did 4yrs ago, and our union needs to stop playing political favors and fight for its membership ONLY!

Thebrownblob

No I wouldn’t cross the picket line. I would be working whatever odd job I had to to make ends meet while my union earns their money that I pay them to negotiate these contracts, Homer! And who says inflation is going to go down? Why would I give money back? Does UPS lower their shipping rates when the price of fuel goes down? And the whole reason of negotiating a new contract is to keep up with inflation dude! Hello! Anybody home Mcfly? I’m complaining because I demand better from my union for next time. Or if necessary, a change of leadership. And I’m here because it is a good paying job, I’ve said that before. But times are changing obviously, just go pick out a steak that costs $5 lb. More then it did 4yrs ago, and our union needs to stop playing political favors and fight for its membership ONLY!
Crazy damn leftists

Thebrownblob

Prove it. What is your justification for that?
Good Lord just stop no one cares, and everyone knows you’re going to work tomorrow. because the job that pays twice as much as you’re making now it doesn’t exist for you 🙄. You’re welcome for the contract, and the pay, and the insurance, and the pension. Sorry you can’t afford the steak. Will try harder next time. 😂

Non liberal

lol, poor spending habits? How about my union just learn better negotiating tactics so I don’t have to worry about spending habits. Well, actually I guess I could cut down on the amount of food I feed my kids instead of my Homer union not negotiating for more money because it would have put our government in a pickle.