Hoffa does not speak for me.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
You made a choice to join a unionize company, earn unionized wages, take advantage of unionized benefits, all things you cannot get in the private sector in non union companies.

You want the big check to feed your family, yet blast the very process that provides that big check to you every thursday and thats laughable.

What are you teaching your children to become?

Should they follow in your footsteps and decieve themselves as well?

Peace.

I did NOT decide to join a union job. I decided to seek out employment with UPS, I didn't care that it was a unionized company. Were there no union I probably would still work here. I Don't need union backing to earn a big check to feed my family.

Finally, I am teaching my children to become responsible, intelligent young people who don't feel the need to give hard earned peoples money to lazy unemployed welfare cases.

Peas

moreluck

golden ticket member
Re: Hoffa makes a A*S out of Himself for Obama

Thats correct if thats the only context in which you said it. But you missed the bigger issue, thats not the context in which Brother Hoffa used the term. I know thats what you think you heard (because thats what youre told to think) but it isnt.

Moreluck, inadvertently posted a correct video of Brother hoffas speech showing the full context of how it was used.

If you watch it you will see for yourself that it wasnt used in the manner as you suggest.

I wouldnt jump into political commentary unless you are prepared to stand by your comments.

peace.
Inadvertantly, my ass. That's saying that I would cut something to suit my needs. I posted the clip for those who missed it on TV. It was to aid the discussion. Your snide remarks and insinuations are not acceptable. Only goons talk like that and Hoffa showed off his ignorance and mentality.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Here's what the union did for Akron Ohio.....

Goodyear Tire & Rubber....left the state
Goodrich Tire......left the state
Firestone Tire..........left the state
General Tire..........left the state
Sun Rubber.........went out of business

Just moved out and headed south where labor was cheaper. Union guys, out of work....yeah, that was really worth it!

Yes, it has been decades, so why the hell do you even need the union anymore. They only protect the 'bad' workers. The guys who do their job never have a problem

I was raised in a union household. I was in a union. I was a chief stewart.....and now I see no need for any of them!!

You can keep the crapola to yourself. I'm for the 11 or 12% of workers who are unionized to be free of the goons and for them to keep more of the money they earn instead of making Cadillac Escalade payments for the Guidos in charge.
?????? stewart??????? what the hell is that.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I did NOT decide to join a union job. I decided to seek out employment with UPS, I didn't care that it was a unionized company. Were there no union I probably would still work here. I Don't need union backing to earn a big check to feed my family.

Finally, I am teaching my children to become responsible, intelligent young people who don't feel the need to give hard earned peoples money to lazy unemployed welfare cases.

Peas

This is the kind of unappreciative statement that irks all other union members. Someone who claims he came to work for the company and not the union. Lets see, if there was no union, and the pay for its full timers was around 15 bucks an hour for almost a 60 hour work week with no benefits, would you still come to UPS?

UPS "invited" the union into the company over 100 years ago. UPS looked for a relationshp with its workers where it rewarded them for their dedication, their service and their integrity.

Throughout the years, UPS and its employees worked hand in hand to build the largest delivery carrier in the world. For that effort UPS paid the highest wages in the industry. People knowing what the wages were/are/going to is what attracts them to the company.

It is dishonest to say you wanted to work for UPS and did not want to have anything to do with the teamsters when "everyone" knows UPS is a union company and pays the highest wages in the industry.

I would like you to name another company that pays equal to UPS for full time union workers along with the benefit packages in our industry or any other industry. You say you dont need union backing to earn a big check to feed your family, well, I'll call you on that one.

Name a non union company that you think you could get hired at where you would make the identical money and benefits that you earn in your union job.

Ill wait, I just wont hold my breath.

The last part of your post is just plain silly. Not all welfare cases are lazy unemployed people. This kind of statement demonstrates your lack of emphathy for the poor in this country. As a UPSer, I make a good living, and if some of my tax money goes to feed a poor child, i could care less what catagory his parents are in. As long as the child eats.

You preach about personal responsiblility, but take free benefits and scheduled raises negotiated for you. I wish the Teamsters and UPS could create a two tier pay system for its employees.

The first tier for the UNION members who want their UNION to negotiate on their behalf collectively because they believe in the concept of Unionizism and the second tier, where those "patriots" and "personal responsibllity" people to sit down and negotiate on their own with UPS as individuals.

The second tier would be clear of dues and union protections. The second tier employee would be responsible for negotiating wages, benefits, schedule, hours, work weeks, guarantees, pensions, raises, and discipline.

Believe me, once you would have to do this on your own, You would be at the union hall the next week begging to be sworn in.

I have no respect for people who bite the hand that either feeds them or protects them. The bible says to help your fellow man, but you claim your teaching your children to do the complete opposite. The bible has no clarifications for help.

You are doing your children an injustice with this practice.

Peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
........"This is the kind of unappreciative statement that irks all other union members. Someone who claims he came to work for the company and not the union........" (TOS)

You can stop right there.................he doesn't work for the union. He works for UPS and UPS pays him his paycheck, not the union. All those other words beyond that first sentence are cancelled out. Your first sentence disqualifies them all!!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
FAIL.

If you didnt read my post I can understand why you are confused. I said clearly, UPS and the Teamsters worked together for 100 years building a partnership that built a business. While the Teamsters dont cut the checks, they are just as much responsible for the employees as the company is.

Thats what a partnership is Moreluck.

I realize you dont get it, but when have you?

Peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
FAIL.

If you didnt read my post I can understand why you are confused. I said clearly, UPS and the Teamsters worked together for 100 years building a partnership that built a business. While the Teamsters dont cut the checks, they are just as much responsible for the employees as the company is.

Thats what a partnership is Moreluck.

I realize you dont get it, but when have you?

Peace.
The first sentence.....THE FIRST SENTENCE.....the first sentence negates everything after it rendering you post useless!!

gopack

When it comes to 2012 elections it's not the Tea Party the scares me. It's the Christian cult The New Apostolic Reformation with their self appointed apostles and prophets. Most of these nuts spoke at the prayer meeting in Houston last month for Gov. Perry . This group of Christian Dominionist are big supporters of Bachman,Palin,and Perry. If you remember Obama took alot of heat over a few comments from Rev. Wright. Well most of the crap that did spew out of his mouth is nothing compared to the N.A.R. Everyone should educate themselves about the New Apostolic Reformation and there leaders. Here are a few, C Peter Wagner,Cindy Jacobs,Bryan Fisher,Mike Bickle,John Hagee,and John Benefiel. For a good old fashion scare go to youtube and check out some of the spooky language that spews from their mouths. All I can say is I hope no Presidential candidates they support will win next November

satellitedriver

Obama, Hoffa and TOS can bring their cup of hot water and I will gladly dip my teabag into their cup.
The taste may be bitter, but they will learn to savor the flavor, of the sweat from a working American.

upsman68

Re: Hoffa makes a A*S out of Himself for Obama

On the republican side I am assuming you mean? If thats the case, NONE of them.

They all support the same old failed policies of the republican party. Lowering taxes on the rich and raising taxes on the middle class to make up for those cuts. The record is clear. In two administrations ( Reagan and GW BUSH2) Cutting the tax rates for the top 1% hurt the country and caused large deficits.

Of all the current candidates, NOT ONE of them is asking a major corporation to return jobs to the states and pull them out of third world countries. Instead, they want to sell us the concept that our childrens futures will depend upon mom and pop shops at minimum wage and no benefits.

They repeat, as if its a good thing that 70% of all new jobs are from small business, aka McDonalds and service related industries, and they NEVER talk about career jobs like factories or large corporations.

Why is that? Why do people accept this concept? Why are the republicans who continue to vote against their own best interests willing to accept this concept?

Rick Perry has the LARGEST number of minimum wage jobs in his state. Of all his "job creation" glory, 70% of those jobs are at minimum wage and non union. How does that make him a job creator?

Herman Cain ran two businesses into the ground. His pizza company that someone else created was profitable until he took the reigns and ran a business loss in his first 10 years that he "owned" the business. How does that make him a job creator? He sat on a board of an energy company where he sold the idea to the employees to transfer their retirement funds into company stock, and the company folded causing millions of dollars of loss for the employees, and at the same time, Cain and his board members paid themselves tens of millions of dollars in bonuses and were eventually sued by the employees and forced to pay back tens of millions of dollars to the employees.

How does that make him a good businessman?

Michele Bachman is just plain mentally challenged. Her thinking is so backwards its not even worth defining.

Sarah Palin hasnt had a successful anything in her career. As mayor of a little Chitthole in Alaska, she ran up a deficit of 5 million dollars leaving the city broke. As governor of Alaska, she racked up 37 ethics charges that forced her to leave office in order to escape those charges. She has paid back the state thousands of dollars of illegally used tax payer money to settle some of the charges.

Newt Ginrich. He even still alive? This guy is so out of touch with reality its not even funny.

John Huntsman, here's a guy without a clue or support from his own party. nuff said.

Mitt Romney, what has he done? He started an identical health careplan as obamacare and it works! He flips on all issues and sounds like obama depending on the day. His claim to fame? Running a company that took over other companies and put people out of work. Romney has been responsible for placing tens of thousands of employees on the unemployment line. Is this what america needs? Another republican to lose jobs? Wasnt BUSH enough for everyone? Bush lost 11.8 million jobs as president for 8 years. Obama has lost 2 million and most of those were planned cuts going back to 2008.

Ron Paul, heres a guy with good ideas. Hes practical, hes smart, hes dedicated to his country, he takes no crap from anyone, he speaks his mind, but hes old as phuque. You cant put an old man in office. It just doesnt work.

So to answer your question, Ill stick with Obama. I agree, he has gotten weak since taking office, he needs to get in peoples faces and demand they take action. Im sick and tired of him trying to be friends with the republicans. They are not his friends, and they surely arent our friends.

Peace.

You watch to much MSNBC. Everything you spew is just Democratic Party talking points.
You bash Fox News and MSNBC does the same thing. I will do my own research and then decide who I will vote for in the next election

BrownBlue

New Jack
Oh I dislike politics, but am constantly finding my self wasting time reading people opinions laid out as facts. I've never understood the 'dam it i'm tough, so i'm a republican, regardless of what they stand for.' As union members I would believe that we would vote for canidates that first and formost, protect the rights of union members and workers in general. We spend a lot of our awake adult lives at work. We don't spend more time doing much anything else. So wouldn't you want to make sure that your interests as a worker are being looked after. And yes I realize politicians of both parties are corrupt or corruptable, but some actually will fight for workers well-being. Unless of course you really think UPS and the other corporations should continue to set the laws of the land, I have not been treated well by UPS when they have the chance to break the contract, but the union is our only tool to fight back. What if we had none and they screwed us the way they want to, would you bring a gun to solve the problem? I realize everyone wants to be tough, and not rely on anyone, but that leaves you mighty weak and easily owned by those who possess more power. Sorry about the spelling, just thought I'd ramble a bit before work, been along time since I posted.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Oh I dislike politics, but am constantly finding my self wasting time reading people opinions laid out as facts. I've never understood the 'dam it i'm tough, so i'm a republican, regardless of what they stand for.' As union members I would believe that we would vote for canidates that first and formost, protect the rights of union members and workers in general. We spend a lot of our awake adult lives at work. We don't spend more time doing much anything else. So wouldn't you want to make sure that your interests as a worker are being looked after. And yes I realize politicians of both parties are corrupt or corruptable, but some actually will fight for workers well-being. Unless of course you really think UPS and the other corporations should continue to set the laws of the land, I have not been treated well by UPS when they have the chance to break the contract, but the union is our only tool to fight back. What if we had none and they screwed us the way they want to, would you bring a gun to solve the problem? I realize everyone wants to be tough, and not rely on anyone, but that leaves you mighty weak and easily owned by those who possess more power. Sorry about the spelling, just thought I'd ramble a bit before work, been along time since I posted.

Just to remind......Obama wants to pay $2billion (we don't have) to Brazil to make new jobs for them (new jobs we don't have) for them to drill oil (which we have) and we will buy their oil (with what $$$$)..........Jobs outside the U.S.......doesn't sound like a union supporter president to me.